Looking for a certain kind of literature.

Jesse Dornfeld

Jesse, if I understand you correctly, that’s easy. If you can get 2 out of the 3, get the Hebrew and Greek Starters. Then, when you click on a verse, you will also be able to look behind the English words to the Greek and Hebrew definitions, in lexicons that are a bit more advanced than Strong’s Hebrew and Greek. You are beginning a journey, and getting a general theological orientation with Grudem or any good theology text. Grudem will also discuss Hebrew and Greek words, and I would assume they are hyperlinked to the lexicons (if they aren’t, you will just have to search for them). When you are ready to learn a language, you will already have the basic texts and beginning lexicons, and you can eventually upgrade to more scholarly collections with some savings for the modules you already own.

Otherwise, I have a very specific scholarly focus in Hebrew Bible, and I don’t even know how to use much of Accordance, just a few things that turn out to be quite intuitive in the first place, like searching. For everything else, I have to ask everyone else on the Forums. And they are wonderful.

Michel, thanks for making this decision easy.

I recommended Grudem because I remember reading his section on spirit, soul and body and found it to be informative, balanced, and biblical. Beyond that I cannot say anything about the other books recommended.

I have made my purchase of "Hebrew Starter" + "Systematic Theology." It cost me $108.61. I got on a 3-month payment plan, though I plan on making an additional payment towards my purchase when my card goes through. I can see my purchase in my purchase history. A user has graciously given me the option for a gift. I took the $99.90 Credit towards my next Collections purchase. That means I will be getting the Hebrew and Greek Learner for free, which I am very thankful about because that is what I wanted originally, but didn't think I would have the funds for it, but God has provided.

Thank you all for your help with me making this purchase.

• Like 2

I have made my purchase of "Hebrew Starter" + "Systematic Theology." It cost me $108.61. I got on a 3-month payment plan, though I plan on making an additional payment towards my purchase when my card goes through. I can see my purchase in my purchase history. A user has graciously given me the option for a gift. I took the $99.90 Credit towards my next Collections purchase. That means I will be getting the Hebrew and Greek Learner for free, which I am very thankful about because that is what I wanted originally, but didn't think I would have the funds for it, but God has provided.

Thank you all for your help with me making this purchase.

That is awesome. I hope your studies are fruitful and beneficial!

• Like 1

That is awesome. I hope your studies are fruitful and beneficial!

There is a lot to learn (understatement). I think I had previously done something that took the Lite version to its absolute limit so upgrading was a no brainer. I look forward to seeing what I can do with a real version of Accordance.

I just got done downloading my content. For some reason, my payment plan didn't go through. I filled out everything fine as far as I am aware of. Hopefully, I can call support and maybe they can fix it.