Slight zones tweak

ct253

Hello.

I wanted to suggest one tweak that might be specific to me. It is regarding zones (I think that's the right term). So, right now, for example, I can have a Bible text with an Info Pane in that zone. And then I can have another zone for a commentary (or notes, etc.) that goes in parallel.

Specifically, I would love to be able to stack the Info Pane with NET notes, so I have one large column with the Bible text, and then on the side, an Info Pane stacked on top of NET notes. That would be a much better workflow for me than having to fit three skinny columns on my screen. It would give me enough space to read the text better, while still having access to the resources that are most relevant to me when I am just doing a first-pass read-through/study of the text itself.

Thanks for your consideration.

Actually you can do this with Zones (stack one above another) but not with Panes which is what you are requesting. Panes are constructed to display in a top row and a bottom row, and each row can split into several columns. There isn't a vertical column that can split into two or more sections.

Try this. Create a workspace with three zones. On the left, place your Bible text. On the bottom right, place a tool window with the NET Notes and then tie its scrolling to your main Bible. On the top left, add a second Search window with your Bible text, then open the Info Pane in parallel. Once that is open, close the pane containing your Bible text in that window. Tie the scrolling of that window to your main Bible text on the left, and you should have the arrangement you want.

post-6-0-41135500-1550722607_thumb.jpg

• Like 3