How do I change the color of hits when I'm searching for a word?

EricC

When I am reading, say, a commentary, sometimes I think I'd like to see every time the author uses a word. Right now, I'm reading Zack Eswine, Recovering Eden, The Gospel According to the Old Testament. Accordance electronic ed. (Phillipsburg: P&R Publishing Company, 2014), and I wanted to look up the word "cynical". But when I do I hardly notice where the hits are!

(1) They are in a green color with a bold font. But I'm partially color blind, and it just doesn't stand out to me. I would love to see them in a user-defined color and preferably with some animation or something to draw my attention to them. Is there something I can do to improve the visual "in-your-faceness" of the hits?

(2) Another thing: is there a way to see all of those instances in a list with a snippet of context?

Edit: I was able to accomplish (2) by using the Research field and setting it to "Custom" and adding that one book. Then a list appears of the hits with a bit of context. Is that the best way?

Edited by EricC
  • Like 1

(1) They are in a green color with a bold font. But I'm partially color blind, and it just doesn't stand out to me. I would love to see them in a user-defined color and preferably with some animation or something to draw my attention to them. Is there something I can do to improve the visual "in-your-faceness" of the hits?

I suggested one time a visual highlights like it is in Word or TextEdit, L-Company etc. I even find it hard to find the hits - red - in the BDAG. 

Greetings

Fabian 

• Like 1

In the preferences pane, under Tool Display, there is a setting for "Search Highlighting." You can set the color that you like, along with some basic text styling.

post-30445-0-15167500-1549459045_thumb.png

Thank you, Graham. That is helpful.

But, wow! (Not addressed to you, Graham, but to the powers-that-be at Accordance) I sure wish I could set the font size of hits or something besides just typeface (bold, italic, outline, etc)? Visual highlights, as Fabian said, would be great. I just tried some of them and different colors, and it does help, but not a lot. Seems to me this is something that needs some work.

I have never just read much on a computer, and I still like paper books. Although I can't search the paper like I did for "cynical," somehow I think the digital experience needs to improve or I'll still like paper a lot.

• Like 1