Question on Using Multiple Desktops with Accordance on MacBook

DoosanMan

I use the user tools in Accordance a lot for notes for sermon preparation (still hoping for a more robust user note editor that has more formatting capabilities).   So often I have the "edit" page open while I also am reading scripture in Accordance.  Once in a while I have the editor open so that I can do the swipe gesture between my main Accordance layout page and the editor.  However most of the time the editor page is minimized in the bottom right corner and I have to just maximize it and it pops up over my main Accordance page.   What do I need to do to be able to "swipe" back and forth like I can do between apps?

• Like 1

If you are on the Mac, you may use multiple desktops and swipe (three fingers) between them. I currently am set up for six desktops and place one tool/app/program in each. I then am able to just swipe among them. It is even possible to rearrange the order of desktops to get a particular pair side by side when doing much copy and pasting between two apps. I learned to work with multiple desktops on the Sun Workstation years ago and now feel at a loss when I am not able to do this, though I have read that Windows is now allows multiple desktops.

Shalom,

Joseph

Edited by Solly
  • Like 1

If you are on the Mac, you may use multiple desktops and swipe (three fingers) between them. I currently am set up for six desktops and place one tool/app/program in each. I then am able to just swipe among them. It is even possible to rearrange the order of desktops to get a particular pair side by side when doing much copy and pasting between two apps. I learned to work with multiple desktops on the Sun Workstation years ago and now feel at a loss when I am not able to do this, though I have read that Windows is now allows multiple desktops.

Shalom,

Joseph

Thank you Solly, how do I get the "note editor page" on one desktop and then swipe between that and my main Accordance page?  I guess that's really what my question is.

Edited by DoosanMan

I now understand what you are asking. I use other tools for the kind of work you are doing that are not tied to any particular Bible software since I use resources from multiple vendors. I also make sure the documents I create are in a nonproprietary, easily accessed, and readable file format. Think page markup systems. Yes, I am a bit paranoid. ;)

I do not know how to accomplish what you wish using the Accordance Papers or Tools, as I do little with them.

—Joseph

• Like 1

Doosan, the swiping back and forth is using what the macOS calls 'Spaces'.  Normally, if you Full Screen a window, it is entered into its own space, enabling the swiping.  However, since the Edit window is considered a 'minor' window, it cannot fullscreen.

However, there is absolutely nothing stopping you from setting up the spaces yourself.  See Apple's instructions here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204100

Once your main workspace and edit window are in different spaces, simple swipes between them should work.

• Like 1

Joel, you made my day with a new way to do things.

DoosanMan—took me a bit of experimenting but Joel gave the key: get the Paper or Tool in another window. I had never done that before.

First: open the Paper or Tool to a new zone.

Second: Right click on the Tab of your paper or tool and choose Detach Tab. It will be moved to a new workspace.

Third: Click on this new workspace and choose Move Tab to a New Window.

Fourth: With three fingers slide up to show the Mac Spaces Bar with available places to drag your Paper or Tool.

Thanks again, Joel, for showing us the link and stating we could get the edit tool in its own window. I'm sure there is an easier way to accomplish this. ;)

Excited to learn a new trick (or perhaps relearn one I had forgotten),

Joseph

If you have more than one Spaces and : You can simply set the cursor in the blue area (Title bar?) from the image and then push with 2 fingers between the spaces. Maybe you have to check some buttons in the Trackpad preferences.

post-32723-0-36758700-1549091746_thumb.png

I like the Hyperdock or App Store version. So I have fast access wherever it is.

post-32723-0-75115100-1549093580_thumb.png

if the Edit Window is on another Space, you get the number in to indicate where it is. You have still access to it. 

post-32723-0-95881600-1549093720_thumb.png

Or with such a tool you can 

post-32723-0-75202000-1549094212_thumb.png

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

(still hoping for a more robust user note editor that has more formatting capabilities). 

Yes please.

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

Doosan, the swiping back and forth is using what the macOS calls 'Spaces'.  Normally, if you Full Screen a window, it is entered into its own space, enabling the swiping.  However, since the Edit window is considered a 'minor' window, it cannot fullscreen.

However, there is absolutely nothing stopping you from setting up the spaces yourself.  See Apple's instructions here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204100

Once your main workspace and edit window are in different spaces, simple swipes between them should work.

Thank you!  Just what I needed.   This is my first MacBook so still learning all the tricks.   Wish I had bought one years before.

Shalom,

Joseph

I have a couple Windows desktops and you have multiple desktops but it doesn't work quite as smooth as on MacOS