Florin G Laiu, The Hebrew and the Aramaic of Daniel

Enoch

Florin G Laiu

https://www.academia.edu/8671131/The_HEBREW_and_the_ARAMAIC_of_DANIEL.

This is freely downloadable. You could probably negotiate a very reasonable price.

I suggest this as an excellent & technical commentary on Daniel. Much of this work is laid out as a chapter & verse commentary on Daniel. For some reason the Hebrew looks garbled below from my copy & paste.

Now this is my kind of commentary:

Daniel 12:7

~r,Y"w:

[m;v.a,w"

Daniel shows first his interest in the divine answer, and creates a sen-tence that is impossible in English and perhaps in most languages:
 I heard that Man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, and He raised His right hand...
 This should  be understood as the following:
 I heard the Man ....., how, after raising His right hand......He  sweared...

~yIm;V'h;-la,
 ~r,Y"w
 Gn 14:22, Ex 6:8, Dt 32:40, Ne 9:15 (Comp. Rev 10:5-6. The Angel is seen there raising His right hand only).
~l'A[h' yxe 
This expression is used in Daniel only, see Aram. Dan 4:31, 6:27, and it may be derived from the royal greeting mentioned in  Ne 2:3, Dan 2:4, 3:9, 5:10, 6:7.22
 – 
 implying the name of God as Heavenly King
 – 
 , and from the Hebrew oath formula,
 hwhy yx; 
(Jg 8:19, 1S 14:39, Ho 4:15).
 ycixew" ~ydI[]Am d[eAml. 
=
!D'[i gl;p.W !ynID'[iw> !D'[i-d[; 
(Aram. Dan 7:25). In both places we should read as dual the noun
~yId:[]Am
/
!ynED'[i
 This is obviously an encrypted formula. The speaker just sends us to the Aramaic vision of chap. 7, which has many encoded figures. His reference is a strong suggestion that helps us identify the last tyrant of chap. 7 with the last one of chap. 11. It follows that the vision in chap. 8 is another perspective on the same events foreseen in chap. 7 and quite minutely described in chap. 11-12. 
  • Like 1