Lexicon links

ukfraser

Following dr j's lost podcast ( recently found and published and worth the wait as ever) i was looking at the two lexicons

In mounce greek dictionary, the word usually lists the occurences and if i click on that number, it acts as a concordance and shows me all the hits in the na28.

However in the km hebrew dictionary, there are the number of instances but they do not appear to be hyperlinked and dont open in for example, the hmt-w4.

The links at the bottom of the translations in both lexicons open the translations the same so i wondered if this was an oversight, something being worked on, i dont have the correct hebrew text or if there is some technical or other issue?

As ever, i am on an ipad, so it could also be a limitation here.

Thanks

post-31185-0-68169000-1546808976_thumb.jpeg

post-31185-0-09089800-1546808986_thumb.jpeg

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

I find the same behavior in the macOS version. 

—Joseph

Following dr j's lost podcast ( recently found and published and worth the wait as ever) i was looking at the two lexicons

In mounce greek dictionary, the word usually lists the occurences and if i click on that number, it acts as a concordance and shows me all the hits in the na28.

However in the km hebrew dictionary, there are the number of instances but they do not appear to be hyperlinked and dont open in for example, the hmt-w4.

The links at the bottom of the translations in both lexicons open the translations the same so i wondered if this was an oversight, something being worked on, i dont have the correct hebrew text or if there is some technical or other issue?

As ever, i am on an ipad, so it could also be a limitation here.

Thanks

Yes and a lot of the occurrences are missing!

post-32723-0-27961900-1546848884_thumb.png

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

By design, not all word frequencies are included in the Hebrew Dictionary. And they are not hyperlinked due to the fact that the lexical forms used in the lexicon do not consistently match the lexical forms (including homographs, vowel pointings, etc.) used in our Hebrew morph texts. 

In the Greek Dictionary, the frequency counts were supplied by the editor for each word, and the variances between the lexical forms were much less, and were easier to proof / debug for accuracy. 

Thanks for the explanation, Rick. You confirmed what I thought might be different in working with the Greek and Hebrew tools. 

—Joseph

With the 3.0 update the Links was alive. But with the 3.1 update you killed them again.

A resurrection of the Links would be fine...

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

Was there something not good with the 3.0 update? Because the 3.1 are not linked anymore. Same as 2.9.

Greetings

Fabian

Was there something not good with the 3.0 update? Because the 3.1 are not linked anymore. Same as 2.9.

Greetings

Fabian

Yes, it was released prematurely with a significant number of broken links. We are working on updating it and will release an update when it is ready.

Apologies for the confusion.

• Like 1