Research Tool Module Types: Can I Set My Own Default?

JohnABarnett

I have begun to see the value of the Research Tool. But I have run into what for me is an inconvenience in using it.

There is a dropdown box on the left side of the Entry bar from which I must select the Type of modules I want to research. (This is distinct from the Research Entry dropdown.) The default module Type is Unicode.

But if I go with this default and type an English word, as I do with most of my Entries, I get an error message that this Entry is not found in any text or tool. I then have to change the module Type to "All" or some subset of my library and redo the Research.

I have looked in vain in Preferences, Help and online to see if there is some way to make "All" my default Type so as to avoid this needless duplication of effort, but I have come up empty.

Is there no way to do this? If not, I'd like to request a Preference to set my own default module Type.

You can change the Search Group and the Language in the Reading/Research preferences. 

You can change the Search Group and the Language in the Reading/Research preferences. 

Thanks, Mark. Yes, that was the first place I checked. My problem is that Search Group is already set to "All," yet the dropdown defaults to "Unicode." So I figured that must not be the place to do it. Perhaps it's just not working?

You can change from "Unicode" to "English" in the Language option in your Reading/Research preferences.

Try selecting the little magnifying glass on the left side of the toolbar’s research box. If you change that to English it should fix what you are experiencing.

Thanks both of you.

I had previously made the change you were suggesting, Mark. But it turns out I had to close and restart Accordance before the change would take effect in actual use of the Research Tool. That fixed the problem. Thanks for your help.

Joel, I did what you said and it too fixed the problem.

All's well that ends well, which is after all a great lesson to help us understand Rom 8:28 and our lives.

• Like 1