Turn Off Search Entry Box

TYA

I've looked all over.  I believe you call this the "search entry box"?  How do you turn it off.  If the option doesn't exist, please create it.

And why, as shown in this screenshot, won't it just leave me alone when I'm trying to do an "OR" search?  One of the conditions is true, so just give me my results.

(Okay, I guess that would just be settled by turning it off, BUT, please make sure "OR" searches everywhere else in Accordance work properly (such as tools), and don't give an error message when at least one of the criteria is valid.)

post-35231-0-74521000-1542269320_thumb.jpg

Edited by TYA

Ultimately, in Accordance, everything is a search. That’s been the philosophy of the software from the very beginning, so the search window is always present. Perhaps it could be collapsible in a future version, but I don’t make those decisions :-)

Regarding the image you posted, that window with suggested words appears because “residue” does not appear in that particular title. If it went ahead and let you do the search for the first word, there would be no indication that the second word was not somewhere in the hits. In a small number of hits, that might not be a big deal; but in large-number results, it would probably be undesirable not knowing whether the word exists or not.

Thanks, Rick

Rick, please allow me to reply after re-reading your post...

If it went ahead and let you do the search for the first word, there would be no indication that the second word was not somewhere in the hits. 

But why would I care, since I'm doing an "OR" search?  If that second term was so important to me, then I would have done an "AND" search instead of an "OR" search to begin with.  I thought the purpose of doing an "OR" search was to "broaden the net" by producing results when at least one criterion was true.

Not only would I have done an "AND" search if both terms were important to me, but I could have also approached the situation by performing two separate searches--each for one of the terms.

Moreover, adding the "Find on Page" utility would then allow the user to scan through the content for any secondary term, while leaving the hits for the first term highlighted.  Yet another approach, which would add even more power and flexibility to Accordance, in my opinion.

Edited by TYA

Edited by TYA

I suspect this won't be what you want but in case this helps at all to turn off Quick Entry check the Disable Quick Entry box in Preferences->Appearance in the Quick Entry section.

Turning off the pop up box itself is not possible as it's related to finding the word to search for.

thx

D

Edited by דָנִיאֶל