Installation Problem/Control Folder Access

haydnguy

Hello,

Because of recent difficulties I am attempting to reinstall Accordance. It goes through the installation but at the very, very end I get an error that says that I don't have enough disk space. I have plenty of disk space so there must be something else causing the problem.

Every time I rerun it, the (new feature) Control Folder Access (Windows 10) asks me to unblock a file. (See below)  It tells me that I need to unblock 'Accordance12.3.0.tmp'. If you notice, however, that each time I run the installation the actual file name is different so I think that Windows keeps asking me to allow folder access because these names are always different.

If anyone could help me I would be grateful. Thanks.

Does the install work correctly when Control Folder Access is disabled for the duration of Accordance install?

I am sorry for taking so long to respond. I have had difficulties ever since I downloaded the new 1809 version of Windows 10. I am unable to completely toggle off my Control Folder Access. It says that this setting is managed by my administrator. I take that to mean that it is somehow set in Group Policy. I'll have to do a little digging to see how to allow it to turn off completely.

I thought I'd show you what my original email was to Mr. Mudge so you will know how the problems first started.

Hello,

I am not sure what happened but for some reason my Accordance files got scrambled into different directories. For instance, the Accordance.exe file was in a folder I had created called Art. I ran SFC /scannow and it said that it had found problems but had fixed them. I then ran DISM.exe and it found no problems. Then I re-ran SFC /scannow and this time it said there were no problems.

I tried to delete all traces of Accordance from my hard drive and registry. Now, I don’t know how to re-download it so I can get back to normal. I was a “crossover” from Bibleworks. I am attaching a picture of what packages that I had. Thank you.

Please contact our tech support for a screenshare session. I think that's the only way to be sure that you get a clean install.

support (at) accordancebible (dot) com.

• Like 1

I have decided to reset Windows because of this and other things that I have been wrestling with. Ever since I downloaded that first version 1809 I've been struggling with one thing or another. I'm sure after I do that, that Accordance will be fine. I really appreciate your assistance.

• Like 1