Cleaning up previous versions of Accordance from ".Sparkle" sub-directory?

dgzylstra

Hi All,

This is a pretty technical-ish sort of question I guess...I couldn't even figure out a good title for it...

Anyway, my question is this:

On my MacBook the directory "~/Library/Application Support/Accordance/.Sparkle" I can see many sub-directories with names that indicate that they are somehow related to previous versions of Accordance (i.e., "Accordance 12.1.0 2", "Accordance 12.0.6", etc., all the way back to "Accordance 11.0.6"—see attached). Each of these folders is about 200MB in size, totalling to about 11.6GB. This wouldn't be a problem for me, except that I have a MacBook Pro with a 123GB SSD, which means that these files are taking up almost 10% of my total storage space.

If they need to be there, then I guess that's just the way it is. But if they are somehow leftovers that weren't cleaned up by the auto-update process, and I can safely delete them, that would be great! It would save me some space!

So, my question: Can I delete some/all of these folders in the ".Sparkle" directory? If so, how many of them? If not, what are they for (just out of curiosity).

Thanks for any help that can be offered in advance!

Dan.

post-357-0-97922900-1541523985_thumb.png

• Like 1

You are free to delete as many of them as you desire, or all, if you wish.  The Sparkle framework is used for in-app updates, but at times they fail to delete the installer afterwards.

• Like 2

What version of Accordance are you running?

In 12.3, I set it up to purge that folder at startup if it's over 500 mb, or contains files older than 90 days.  So if you are seeing this while running 12.3, this may be a bug I need to fix.

Also, what is your Mac OS version?