Why scrolling has a delay in Accordance?

TYA

I'm going out on a limb on this one, since I already know someone could say that there are a million possible reasons for what I'm about to ask, but...

Why do I experience a slight delay when doing things like scrolling in Accordance?  When a single English Bible version is open, the delay is so slight that I can barely notice it, or classify it as a "delay."  But when I have a Workspace with 12 versions open, from the time I hit the scroll wheel on the mouse, to the actual movement, is about 1/4 of a second.

Perhaps I've seen a drag / delay of as much as half a second, with even more information crammed on the screen.  I'm open to any answers.  Any BibleWorks users out there: I have no delay whatsoever in BibleWorks, even with all versions open in the Browse window simultaneously.  And I have no lack of CPU or memory power here.

Windows 7 64-bit

Intel® Core i5 CPU M520 2.4GHz (dual core with hyperthreading)

8GB RAM

• Like 1

Is this in the text browser that you see this sort of scrolling when you have a lot of editions open scrolling in sync ?

I've seen similar. I think the TB is doing a bunch of work.

If not could you show the layout that is causing issues ?

Thx

D

Is this in the text browser that you see this sort of scrolling...

You raise a good question, and I meant to come back and clarify before anyone responded.  No, this isn't unique to the Text Browser (which has its own glitches on my computer; see Link).

And this isn't new to 12.3.0.  Ever since I started with Accordance 12.9 a few months ago, this has consistently--always--been my experience.  No difference since the release of 12.3.0.  Any window scrolling text (for the most part) has a slight, but annoying, delay.  It just seems that the more information on the screen, the greater the delay.

Thanks.

Edited by TYA

Does adding / removing the info pane make any difference in your case? In my case with the info pane scrolling is significantly slower (nearly a second delay). I tested with a new workspace and a single bible text with the info pane.

Does adding / removing the info pane make any difference in your case?

I actually never use the Info Pane.  But just for fun, I added it for a moment to see if it somehow made things faster.  It doesn't.

Edited by TYA

I too have noticed an annoying delay in scrolling with 12.3.  I was NOT experiencing any delay with previous updates.  Additionally I am unable to load my old workspaces from prior to 12.3.  So I don't know if the two issues are related for me.  But in my newly created workspaces in 12.3 I have definitely noticed a scrolling delay. 

I don't use the info pane either.

• Like 1