Only getting "Texts" results when doing "Research -> All"

TYA

Great day all.  Can someone explain why I'm only getting "Texts" results when performing this Research - All search (see attached)?  Thank you.

Additional Note: I don't have this same issue when I do "Research - All" on English, Greek, Syriac, and Latin texts in this same "Verse Lookup" window I'm using.  It is only Hebrew-letter versions (e.g. BHS-T) that are limiting my results to "Texts" instead of also giving me results in tools.

post-35231-0-90863900-1541156972_thumb.jpg

Edited by TYA

Remove the space between ב and ראשׁית and the search works for both texts and tools.

Thx
D

Remove the space between ב and ראשׁית and the search works for both texts and tools.

Thanks, but I shouldn't have to remove anything.  I should be able to just right-click on the word and choose "Research - All" from the context menu.

Again, I don't have this same issue when I do "Research - All" on English, Greek, Syriac, and Latin texts in this same "Verse Lookup" window I'm using.  They all return results for "All" as they are supposed to.  It is only Hebrew-letter versions (e.g. BHS-T) that are limiting my results to "Texts" instead of also giving me results in tools.

Edited by TYA

I get the issue better now. Acc is busting the word into its lemmas and doing the Research query that way. That won't work for tools because they are not lemmatized. When you tweak the search the way I did that resolves that issue and then because we have literal searches (I'm guessing here) it still works on the texts. My guess is Acc needs a tweak to be able to not split up the query string in cases like this, at least for queries against the tools during research. I would also expect that if you specifically select ראשׁית and amplify to research from there that the query will work in tools but I'll have to try it. Yep that seems to work. That may help for now.

Thx

D

I would also expect that if you specifically select ראשׁית and amplify to research from there that the query will work in tools

Yes, that does work, but the full spelling of "Beresheet" is obviously used in Tools also, and I see no reason why this can't be found.

Edited by TYA

Tomas,

Please try what Daniel suggested. Just remove the space between the two lemmas and try again. Accordance's default is a lexeme search. You want an inflected search here. in this particular case, the only difference is the space between the two words. I just copied the word and pasted it into the Research search entry box.

Here's the result:

post-29215-0-34218300-1541169744_thumb.png

Edited by Timothy Jenney

However, I do think this is a bug. A literal search should not split up a word like Bereshit. 

• Like 2

Just remove the space between the two lemmas and try again.

Done, and yes it works.  Thank you for the explanation, Dr. J.

However, I do think this is a bug. A literal search should not split up a word like Bereshit.

Thank you for noting, as I don't feel that I should have to contend with a manual workaround each time.

Thanks both!

Edited by TYA
  • Like 1