Pastor going iPad only?

Garye

Hi, Kristin,

I could point out many parallels between our use of notes in teaching/research, but let me just say what I do now.

I use either Classical Text Editor or gedit on the desktop or TextEdit+ on the iPad to (manually) scroll an entire Bible, e.g., BHS, NA28, Modern Hebrew NT, or sometimes an English Bible in one pane and various notes in another pane. Yes, it took extra work, but they are simple Unicode text files that never corrupt. I only sync manually with AirDrop, but I guess Dropbox would work.

I know you probably won’t want to do this, it’s just an idea, perhaps for individual classes.

More realistically, you can enter your notes in the program that you downloaded recently. I’ve never experienced corruption or syncing problems with it. My notes even sync with my bare metal install of L on Linux, on a 2007 Dell Vostro in the basement.

(Edit: CTE, also because you can have an unlimited number of note sets and apparatuses, in separate windows)

Edited by Michel Gilbert

On 6/30/2024 at 1:45 AM, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

While we don't have an official announcement at the moment, I'm still pleased with the overall strategy I've been seeing from our programming team.

So what can you share? Surely a thread like this has to have caught someone’s attention. This smoldering is quickly turning into a small fire, and it will only grow without something resembling an announcement of real progress (instead of re-sharing a two year old promise) to put it out. Strategy means very little if it isn’t moving forward in to real implementation. I’m at a point where I need to commit to accordance or jump to Logos, and without something more concrete, it’s not going to be a difficult choice to switch. And frankly, it saddens me, because I have been an Accordance use for some time, but I committed to not returning to a laptop/desktop… not when the iPad is this powerful and this convenient. I don’t want to switch, but it seems like my hand is being forced by Accordance’s stagnation.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Dr. Nathan Parker locked this topic
  • Dr. Nathan Parker unlocked this topic

I guess I was the straw that broke the camel’s back… not going to lie, I was very put out when this thread was locked. I love Accordance. It is inherently more intuitive than Logos, and Logos doesn’t offer the interlinear view that I cherish so much. But it has other features that are admirable, and that I wish Accordance would incorporate one day (prayer list being the biggest, with sharing notes probably second). I downloaded Logos, but haven’t began to buy and stock my library because the unlocking of this thread restored some hope (but not a lot). I don’t want to see a rush of a bad product, but in today!s age nobody goes two years without major development. So I will wait with baited breath for a little while longer.

I am not writing any of this to bash the developers. I have recommended this app to at least 20-30 different people over the last year. But at least half of the ones I talked to went to Logos because it’s being considered by many as the industry standard (a la Microsoft Office and Adobe CS for productivity and creativity in the business world). I guess my point is that I am frustrated because I want Accordance to take the next step forward and stay viable as not just a bible app, but as a Christian productivity app. So even though I haven’t said it in my last few posts, thank you for what you have poured into Accordance, and please keep pushing forward.