Retaining Search Highlighting in a Comparison

TYA

Great day all, does anybody know how to best retain / keep the search highlighting visible in the following situation: I'm doing a simple comparison between the search results in two different tabs, and I want the "Comparison" tab to display the search highlighting.  However, as the following screenshots show, the search highlighting is lost by the time you get to the "Comparison" tab.  Thank you.

post-35231-0-38191700-1541003039_thumb.jpg

post-35231-0-21034000-1541003043_thumb.jpg

post-35231-0-38131400-1541003047_thumb.jpg

I'd just open two panes and just do two searches.

post-211-0-28013200-1541016081_thumb.png

Hey TYA,

I think what you want is a bit like MERGE but it doesn't apply in this case. Logically you want the common set of verses with the HITS highlighted in both English and Hebrew as far as I can tell. I would try something like Jeremy suggests above but in order to ensure the hits are in the verses you want I would quality the second tab search with <AND> [CONTENTS Tab1].

Thx

D

• Like 1

I would try something like Jeremy suggests above but in order to ensure the hits are in the verses you want I would quality the second tab search with <AND> [CONTENTS Tab1].

Hmm... I'm striking out on this (see attached).  Could you be more specific?

Also, the goal is to be able to view *both panes* (e.g. one in Hebrew, and one in English) at the same time, and *with* the search highlighting present--not just one pane that has a limited subset of results.  (Maybe I'm misunderstanding though).

post-35231-0-63458300-1541053795_thumb.jpg

post-35231-0-86924500-1541053799_thumb.jpg

Edited by TYA

Daniel didn't mean to literally type "Tab1". Instead, substitute the actual name of the tab you want to link in place of "Tab1".  Since your tab has a long name, you'll find it much easier to do it with  Right Click -> Enter Command -> CONTENTS

Daniel didn't mean to literally type "Tab1".

Whoops, my bad.  I guess I wasn't thinking about that because I've been using a Workspace called "Verse List Comparison" (shown in the original screenshots), in which the tabs are specifically named "Tab 1" and "Tab 2."  I just forgot that in my most recent attempt I wasn't using those tabs any more.  Thanks, Silas.

Edited by TYA
  • Like 1

Actually I had meant to use exactly the right tab name from your first image but I missed the space you had, and then you changed tab names :)

Oh well, seems like it's right now.

Thx

D

• Like 1