Keyboard shortcuts not working (non-us layout)

Elijah

I'm using the German keyboard layout (not sure if the issue is related to that), and a few shortcuts I tried aren't working (nothing happens).

To increase and decrease the context for example the default shortcut is CTRL+> and CTRL+<

post-29973-0-95788600-1539504238_thumb.jpg

On the German keyboard that is the first key beside the left shift key.

I tried to define the shortcut myself, but when I type CTRL+> a different character is used ([):

post-29973-0-56114700-1539504248_thumb.jpg

The other shortcut that I wanted to use, but didn't work, was the tab switching (I want to switch tabs when in slideshow mode, CTRL+TAB doesn't work there).

For this shortcut the default is CTRL+} which seems odd to me because "}" is generated by CTRL+ALT+0 on the German keybard (or ALTGR+0).

post-29973-0-85365300-1539504226_thumb.jpg

If I set this keyboard shortcut for example to CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+N it works. So the normal letters seem to work.

The F-keys also don't work. I wanted to change the slide show shortcut from CTRL+ALT+S to F11 for example. If I hit the F11 key in the dialog to set the shortcut, nothing is entered.

Edited by Elijah
  • Like 1

Elijah,

Thank you for reporting these problems.  It seems that shortcuts for Ctrl+Shift+symbol have been broken for a long time - even on a regular US keyboard.

We will be working on fixing these in the future. 

The Ctrl+Tab problem will be fixed in the next release.

• 3 weeks later...

Additional comment regarding v12.3.0: There seem to be problems in version 12.3.0 with some shortcuts that previously worked:

- Typing @ doesn't work in the search box (ALTGR+q on German layout)

- Cannot switch between search types (word, verse,...) in search box anymore using CTRL+SHIFT+, on German layout

Edited by Elijah

Typing @ should be fixed in the next release. 

There is still a problem with Ctrl+Shift+ any symbol. In any language.