Option for Chapter headings and Spacing

andyburgess

I would appreciate the option to have extra spacing between bible chapters, and the option for headings as well.

Particularly when viewing the psalms, there is no spacing between each psalm, which just looks wrong! A heading and bit of space would help.

Thanks

Andy

• Like 1

If you have the Bible open just press Command-T. There you can change the view.

post-32723-0-07140800-1539496094_thumb.png

And yes the option for heading is a wish of many. 

In another Bible software you can turn on and off (it depends on the module):

post-32723-0-02503400-1539496276_thumb.png

The last four options would be great to have in Accordance too.

Greetings

Fabian

Hi Fabian, thanks for your reply. But its spacing and headings for chapters (not paragraphs) that I'm after, e.g.:

Chapter 1

Verse 1 here…to end of chapter

Chapter 2

Verse 1 here…to end of chapter

Also, I'm referring to Accordance for iOS, not desktop.

Best wishes,

Andy

Press the AA above right, and then all Display Settings. Then above "Show". There you have the option, for Paragraphs, Paragraphs With Spaces, Separate Verses, Separates with Spaces. Only for this text. Or you go to the general Settings and there you can do it for all texts. 

Greetings

Fabian

Thanks Fabian, that is helpful.

However, it doesn't address the feature this thread is asking for which is chapter spacing and headings (not paragraph).

Does anyone else want this?

I feel that for the Psalms in particular it's very strange not having a break between individual Psalms.

But its also unusual not to have breaks even between different biblical books (which would be enabled in chapter headings and spacing were an option).

Thanks

Andy

Does anyone else want this?

I feel that for the Psalms in particular it's very strange not having a break between individual Psalms.

But its also unusual not to have breaks even between different biblical books (which would be enabled in chapter headings and spacing were an option).

Thanks

Andy

100% agreed. I mentioned this a few weeks ago, as well as a few other suggestions, here:

https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/24654-format-improvements/

A user-defined space between chapters, especially Psalms, would be a very helpful addition. I'm thinking not only for iOS but also (and for me, primarily) for laptop and desktop.

DC

Edited by Donald Cobb