Accordance Android App on Chromebook

dangul2165

Has anyone yet tried to use Accordance for Android on their Chromebook. Does it work? It works beautifully on my cell phone and tablet and just wondering if I purchase a Chromebook it will work well on that platform? Thanks for your help!

• Like 1

Has anyone yet tried to use Accordance for Android on their Chromebook. Does it work? It works beautifully on my cell phone and tablet and just wondering if I purchase a Chromebook it will work well on that platform? Thanks for your help!

I have it working on a Chromebook.   It didn't for quite a while but on one of the last updates it started working.  I just switched to a MacBook though so haven't been using it.

Full disclosure, I have not tested the app on a Chromebook during development. I did get a chance to try it out on a Chromebook for the first time yesterday, however, and I was very pleased with the quality. The interface scales very well and for the most part the app works beautifully and runs extremely quickly. It's amazing what 8gb of RAM and a laptop processor will do for a mobile app

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

I know these posts are a little old, but I installed the app on my Chromebook the other night and instead of scaling to fit the screen, it occupied about 1/4 of the screen in the top right corner.  The rest of the screen was black.  Has anyone else experienced this?

I use it on chromebook daily. Sometimes it will open as you have described but you can either maximize it using the button at the top right corner of the frame and it will then use the whole screen. Or you can drag the corner of the window to resize it to any size you desire.

Edited by miketisdell

Arghh!  Now I feel really stupid.  I guess I'm not used to seeing the concept of re-sizable windows in this environment and didn't even notice the maximize button at the top of the window.  Thanks!

• Like 1

Currently in university, studying Religion. My professors all use Accordance Bible Software. While they don't require students to have/use it, they do recommend it as a really good tool. I found it on APKNite and used it on Chromebook for a while but I thought the interface needs improvements.