Absolute Full Screen

Robert B

I appreciate the attention to the iOS app and the most recent updates.  

This feature request is for absolute full screen while reading a resource.  I understand that some users may want to constantly have the name of the book at the top of the screen, but not sure how many really want that?  When I have my iPhone and I want to read text, there just isn't enough screen real estate to support that bar that is almost 1/6 the size of the screen.  This feature seems to be standard on almost all reading apps for iOS these days as it was a much asked for request on many apps.  

If there are many users that want to keep the header while reading, then perhaps a toggle in the settings?

post-35124-0-74177900-1536762408_thumb.jpeg

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

+1 Absolutely. Had this on my mind for a few years. 

Don't look now, but I would be excited about full screen in Mac OS. I sometimes use slide show when I'm just settling in to read something and want to clear all the menus and other stuff away. But a really, truly full screen...

Edited by Joel Arnold

Yes, same for desktop, full screen and parallel verse browser.

In my opinion the controls should be hidden by default. They can appear if you move your mouse. (Or perhaps, they can appear if you move you ur mouse near that area of the screen. Perhaps they appear when you open the window, then fade out, so the mouse users know where they are, but while you are just reading, they can fade away.)

• 1 year later...

With the latest iOS release (3.1.0) I read the release notes just before installing.  I was optimistic when I read that panes were adjusted with 25 pixels more in reading.  I apologize but this is a bit of a let down.  Ive spent a lot of time pondering this question and have decided to transfer the rational into my analog life.  I have purchased a set of index cards (remember those?) and when I search for a text in my analog Bible, I instantly write the version I’m using as well as the search I made on the card and tape it to the top of the page so at any moment I can remember exactly the criteria that I just searched for (just in case I forget?).  Seriously - why do we still have that thick bar at the top of the screen?  It’s rather annoying and detracts from the text I’m trying to read (that is the star of the show).  Why detract from that with that thick, unnecessary bar when it’s rare to find it in other reader apps?  Once I perform my search and begin to digest the content I have searched for - the need for the reason I searched is no longer there.  On my mac - I can remove bars according to my preference - why cannot I do this in mobile?  And can anyone explain to me why anyone needs to see that info at all times whilst they are reading?

• Like 1

I must admit that a competitor's iOS implementation of full screen where all navigational/resource details slide off the screen whenever I scroll down feels more intuitive. (It's a familiar experience and consistency with how many mobile web pages work).

I also feel that its genuine full screen helps get rid of any unnecessary visual clutter and allows me to focus on the resource without distraction.

It may also be because I am using an older iPad Air 2 but the pane bar seems to be overly thick and feels larger than it needs to be.

• Like 2