Update bug

miketisdell

A window popped up this evening requesting an update for a Josephus text. I selected to update the text but the process hung. After several hours I choose to end the program and restart. When I restarted, it asked if I would like to restore the last auto saved version and I selected yes; the program never opened a window on the screen. I ended the task and tried again, same results. I rebooted and tried again, same results. I ended the task, restarted, and chose "NO" when asked to restore the last auto saved version and the program recovered. I am now able to use Accordance again, but I am unsure about whether the updated Josephus text is OK and I check the updates and it is no longer an option to install.

How do I confirm the update was successful or re-download and install if it was not?

If you open Josephus and then click on the little wheel icon and click About This Text ... it will show a version number. In my case it is 3.2. I did update a few days ago and do not see another update so I suspect it is the same one. So check and see what version you have. You can also go to the Utilities menu and click Check for Content Updates ....

Thx

D

• Like 1

Daniel is correct. 3.2 is the current version.

Also, if you ever have an issue with a module, you can always remove it from your Library and re-install it through Easy Install. Just right-click the module within the Library and 'Remove Item'. Trash the file and then check Easy Install.

• Like 2

Daniel is correct. 3.2 is the current version.

Also, if you ever have an issue with a module, you can always remove it from your Library and re-install it through Easy Install. Just right-click the module within the Library and 'Remove Item'. Trash the file and then check Easy Install.

I checked and I have 3.2 so the update appears to have worked.

• Like 1

I had a another text update that locked up accordance. This is two in a row. The update begins installing and accordance freezes about a bit over 50% and then has to be killed. I have waited several hours the first time and over 30 min the last time; it never recovers.

Every open window is frozen when this happens.