How do you merge two notes files without things breaking?

Ιακοβ

Im not sure if this is a bug. It probably is.

When I try to merge the "Mobile Notes" file into the main "Study notes" file, (Why are there two anyway, its so annoying, I Deleted the mobile notes file several times, but somehow it keeps on ending up coming back, and notes keep on going into it accidentally) using the "Merge..." menu option, I end up with a single blank notes file.

Is there a secret trick to get this to work properly?  And also, can I stop the "Mobile notes" file from coming back?

I have tried merging one into the other, and also tried creating a new notes file and merging both of them into the new notes file. Both actions result in a single notes file that accordance displays as having no notes.

What is supposed to happen, is that it takes all the notes from the file you are merging from, puts them into the file you are merging to, then deletes the file you are merging from.

I've just checked, and this seems to be what's happening for me, regardless of if the note file came from iOS or Mac.  So it may be something specific to your system.

What are your MacOS, iOS, and Accordance versions?  Would you be willing to provide copies of the note files you are trying to merge, so that I can try to see why you are getting blank files?

• Like 1

Im using the latest versions of everything. (Mac/Accordance/iOS) I'll message you a google drive link. Thanks.

Thanks for bringing this bug to our attention!  It will be fixed in the next release.

• Like 2

I came to the forums to report I am having this same issue. I was trying to clean up my user notes by merging two of them. The target file not appears blank to Accordance. However, I can open the file in a text editor and see there is data in the file. Thankfully Time Machine helped me recover the target file so I did not actually lose my data.

• Like 1