Scripture links in RTF import of user notes

jlm

When importing RTF, is it possible to automatically produce Scripture links in the resulting user notes? I know they can be added manually by editing the notes, but there are a lot of Scripture references in the material I'm importing.

• They don't seem to be recognized automatically as would be the case with importing a User Tool.
  • I tried links to accord://read and accord://seach URLs. These are imported as links, and can be used to jump to or search the reference, but they are not treated as Scripture links.

Would some other URL format work for making a Scripture link?

Edited by jlm
  • Like 1

Hey JLM,

Thanks for working with the Notes Import feature.  Properly formatted RTF Hyperlinks will be imported as Hyperlinks to Accordance.  I'm not sure if you are using an RTF editor or working with it yourself, but if you are working with it manually, here's some examples:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2850575/what-is-the-rtf-syntax-for-a-hyperlink

{{\field{\*\fldinst{HYPERLINK Daniel 3:18-20}}{\fldrslt{Daniel Passage}}}}

I just tested this, and this worked just fine for me, taking the text 'Daniel Passage' and hyperlinking it to 'Daniel 3:18-20'.

Thank you. I hadn't imagined that a hyperlink could be to something other than a URL. 

In case it's of interest, I'm generating the RTF with Pandoc. I'm preparing a Markdown edition of an out-of-copyright commentary I use. A Python script extracts the commentary for each verse and pipes it through Pandoc to produce an RTF verse note. This allows me to import the commentary as user notes.