Search does not seem to produce desired results

lesterchua

Hi,

I am using the iOS version on the iPhone.

When I perform a search on the toolbar in the library. The search does not seem to be searching through my resources.

E.g. A search for “Megiddo” does not produce any hits on my “General Tools” but when I search for the same term in the resources within General Tools itself, there are results returned.

Is there anyway to improve onbthe search function? Going into the individual resources to perform a search is extremely difficult from a usability standpoint.

The search in the Library only searches for titles you have in your library. That is, the search is designed for you to find quickly the resource you’re looking for. There is not a universal search feature yet available in Accordance Mobile, but hopefully will be added sometime in the future. 

• Like 1

Is there anyway to improve onbthe search function? Going into the individual resources to perform a search is extremely difficult from a usability standpoint.

Hi Lester, I am intrigued by this comment. How exactly are you searching through your resources? What are the steps you use? I would call the search limitation inconvenient, but not extremely difficult. So if we could see your steps we might be able to offer suggestions for streamlining! 

Thanks

The search in the Library only searches for titles you have in your library. That is, the search is designed for you to find quickly the resource you’re looking for. There is not a universal search feature yet available in Accordance Mobile, but hopefully will be added sometime in the future. 

Yes. It makes sense now. I was expecting it to work like the "Research" Search bar in the desktop version.

Hi Lester, I am intrigued by this comment. How exactly are you searching through your resources? What are the steps you use? I would call the search limitation inconvenient, but not extremely difficult. So if we could see your steps we might be able to offer suggestions for streamlining! 

Thanks

I seem to be unable to attach images in the forum. So would be harder to explain. Basically, I was using the title search much like the "Research search" of the OSX desktop version. But after Mr. Mansfield pointed out that it's only the title search, I realised that it's more akin to the search bar of the Library in the desktop version.