Accordance crash, unable to open

Donald Cobb

Hello all,

I just downloaded some purchases on my iPad. It closed down—ok, that's no problem—but now, I just get the opening splash screen with the wheel that turns... and turns and turns. I don't know how to restart it and can't get beyond the opening screen. 

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Don Cobb

Go to Systems setting and reset saved session but you may want to switch them all on

post-31185-0-11684600-1530462449_thumb.jpeg

Yes go to Preferences, Accordance-> Remove Saved Session. And maybe the other ones too.

Greetings

Fabian

Thanks for your speedy responses Fraser and Fabian!

I just tried that, clicking on all four buttons, but still the same splash screen and turning wheel. Any further suggestions?

The problem seems to have occurred after syncing with my MacBook Pro and then downloading some things with easy install. I was actually trying to find and install the latest application update, but for the moment that's no longer even on my radar! I just want to get it working again!

Don

Don, sorry to hear of your troubles! Can you first confirm that the app is up to date (2.7.0 at the time of this post)?

As a last resort you can uninstall and reinstall. Before that I would totally power down and then power up your device. Go to settings and flick the switches again. And try once more.

And if I'm correct, first close the app total. And then remove saved session etc. 

But I'm sure Joel can help you better.

Greetings

Fabian

Hi Joel,

Thanks for chiming in. I believe it's the previous Accordance 12 iPad version. I was wanting to install the most recent one when that happened.

Unfortunately, I can't be more specific than that, because I can't get into the app! 

Don

Edited by Donald Cobb

Yes, I tried turning my iPad on and off (and on and off...). For the moment, nothing has changed. I'm hoping there's another solution than uninstalling...

Don

I mean not the iPad, the App. post-32723-0-42636000-1530464995_thumb.jpeg Close the App completely and then remove etc. maybe you have to switch off iCloud etc. too.

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

I mean not the iPad, the App. attachicon.gifIMG_958A9BC5A5F3-1.jpeg Close the App completely and then remove etc. maybe you have to switch off iCloud etc. too.

Do you mean, Go into the "General" settings and then turn off the app there? Or is there something else? Would you mind telling me what path you would take to do that? Thanks Fabian!

Don

Double click Homebutton, so all opened Apps are showed (like App switcher) and there you have to swipe it up. And then go to settings. 

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

To switch the app off, I double click the home button and then just swipe the app up. Edit: Glad that what Fabian means as well!

To switch iPad off, hold the power key till you get the power down button, that really closes everything. I don’t mean just getting a blank screen. Hopefully Joel can suggest something else.

post-31185-0-41824600-1530465495_thumb.jpeg

post-31185-0-43369600-1530465505_thumb.png

Edited by ukfraser

O.K. here an image from an iPhone 4s (my old one which now has a family member, but without an activated Accordance account). 

post-32723-0-50635900-1530466096_thumb.png

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

To switch the app off, I double click the home button and then just swipe the app up. Fabian might use a different method.

To switch iPad off, hold the power key till you get the power down button. I don’t mean just getting a blank screen. Hopefully Joel can suggest something else.

That did it! Many thanks to the three of you! Now I can answer Joel's question: it's version 2.6.4 (build 2.6.3.9492).

BTW, since it's working again, how to I update to the most recent version? Thanks!

Don

App Store. Open it and you should have it in downloads.

App Store. Open it and you should have it in downloads.

Ok. Thanks!

DC

Ps, you can set things to automatically download but I tend to prefer doing it if and when I want to, give updates a few days to make sure others don’t report too many bugs. (All apps, i am definitely not having a go @ Accordance.)

;o)

Edited by ukfraser

That did it! Many thanks to the three of you! Now I can answer Joel's question: it's version 2.6.4 (build 2.6.3.9492).

BTW, since it's working again, how to I update to the most recent version? Thanks!

Don

Sorry I forgot to say, you have first to close the App.

Glad to see it works now.

Greetings

Fabian