Error During Upgrade Install

haydnguy

Hello, I was in the process of upgrading from 12.2.7 to 12.2.8. I got the error message in the following dialog box. I'm do not know how I should answer this dialog box because I don't know how each response would effect my current installation of 12.2.7.

Thank you.

post-35100-0-82630100-1530377031_thumb.png

(I'm using Windows 10). I decided to click Abort. I got a very brief dialog box that said "Rolling Back". It removed the shortcut on my taskbar but in my "uninstall apps" program it shows Accordance there although the normal Accordance icon is not there either. I'm kind of in a state of limbo.

If I uninstall and then re-install can I tell you all that I'm not adding another device just reinstalling to an existing one? Thanks.

Validations should not even occur on these minor point upgrades, only on paid upgrades. In any case our staff will work with you if you ever do exceed the limit.

Hi,

It seems like even though the installer asked you to close the app, it still found Accordance.exe running (probably in the background).

A computer reboot should solve the problem of running App Update.

Abort, retry, ignore? That takes me back to writing DOS commands. Is that stuff still in Windows?

First, use Abort to abort the install.  

Quit the app if it is still running.

Then reboot your machine and try the process again.

Very odd that it takes you to DOS command prompt.

Hello, I was in the process of upgrading from 12.2.7 to 12.2.8. I got the error message in the following dialog box. I'm do not know how I should answer this dialog box because I don't know how each response would effect my current installation of 12.2.7.

Thank you.

attachicon.gifaccordanceerror.PN

I had the same problem on both of my Windows machines.   I ignored but then it did not install correctly and would not launch on either machine.   So I uninstalled Accordance on both machines and reinstalled.   I did not have to reinstall any of my books or Bibles.   They were there.   Now they both are working fine.

• Like 1

@DoosanMan, was this also using the upgrade to 12.2.8?

@DoosanMan, was this also using the upgrade to 12.2.8?

Yes, just this morning.   I was getting the same error as haydnguy and then it would not complete the install.

Abort, close app, restart app, check for app updates and install again. That did it for me. If it doesn’t work, then restart your computer and start over.

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone for your feedback. I haven't really tried anything to correct the situation yet. I did a search on my entire hard drive on the file 'Accordance.exe'. I got the results shown in the attached clip. (I hope you can see these.) Before I do anything else I'm curious as to what is in the 'Report Archive' where you see those files starting with AppCrash.

Also, if I go to my Windows menu (in Windows) and try to start Accordance it says that it's been moved, deleted, etc.  It no longer points to the accordance.exe or it doesn't exist.

post-35100-0-74597900-1530457107_thumb.png

If you look at the AppCrash whose time is 5:24 a.m. I found it in Event Viewer. I'm posting the 5:24 event the attachment below. This was the first occurrence of one of these events. I'll let the experts take it from here. In the meantime, I'm going to try and uninstall and reinstall. By the way, if you can't see these attachments when you click on them let me know and I'll try another way. Thanks.

post-35100-0-96062900-1530459267_thumb.png

Edited by haydnguy

Abort, close app, restart app, check for app updates and install again. That did it for me. If it doesn’t work, then restart your computer and start over.

I'm glad that worked for you. I'm guessing, but sometimes Windows can leave a file handle to an .exe program open, even when the program is ostensibly 'closed.' (This also happens to fonts, in my experience.) In the case of programs, a crash can do it, and I suspect, but don't know for sure, that various virus scanning apps might also play into this. 

In any event, when I see this sort of squirrely behavior in Windows, particularly trying to update or delete something (program, fonts...), the first thing I do is reboot. That best guarantees clearing all the file handles. 

I can't swear that something in the latest version isn't introducing this behavior somehow (I haven't done Windows development in a while--I'm doing the Android stuff now), and I've learned to never say never when it comes to the installers (which I know didn't change between 12.2.7 to 12.2.8). But it sure smells like 'still open' file handle issues to me and my first resort is a reboot.

That's my 2 cents, anyways.

• Like 1

Thanks again, everyone. I uninstalled then reinstalled the 12.2.7 and everything is working smoothly. :)

• Like 1