All Default Timeline Events Red?

Brett K.

Just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something. Are all of the events on the default timeline supposed to be red? You can see in this screenshot that all of the events are red and there are no pre-defined layers in the upper left corner.

post-734-0-96978000-1529816753_thumb.jpg

It's fine if this is default. I just did not want to be missing something.

Thanks

See on your image to the right corner below. You have set it to all red!

By me post-32723-0-30953100-1529820918_thumb.png.

Click here post-32723-0-24578600-1529821079_thumb.png and then you can change it here post-32723-0-38254000-1529821127_thumb.png.

Or you had simply create a own layer which is also possible and now you have to choose one of the standard ones. 

But I see now also there can be a bug. On the corner left above the drop down menu are empty on your image. Mine looks like post-32723-0-52668700-1529821343_thumb.png. In my opinion there you have to investigate, to solve the unwanted situation.

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

Thanks for the info. Does look like there is a problem with mine.

I have never changed any settings. I've only opened it once or twice but never used it. So it should have all of the default settings and layers. How can I get them back?

Thanks

Try to delete the timeline in your library and then use Easy Install to load it again.

Greetings

Fabian

Reinstalling the Timeline itself will not help, you must find the Accordance Preferences and remove the Timeline Settings if you want to start over.

Not sure I'm following. I assume it was a typo. :)

Are you saying I need to trash the Accordance preferences? If so, won't that trash all of my preferences?

Thanks

No, don't trash all the Preferences, just the Timeline and then do a reinstall. Sorry auto-correct is having a field day with my bad typing this late at night.

Okay. Where is the Timeline file I'm supposed to trash?

I don't want to trash the wrong one by mistake.

Thanks

Got to Finder, Pull down menu [Go to], press [alt] and on the pull down menu [Library], Application Support, Accordance, Accordance Preferences, Timeline.

Greetings

Fabian

There is no Timeline file in my Accordance Preferences folder. This image shows that folder on my machine. There was no Timeline file when I went to it.

post-734-0-09013600-1529951570_thumb.jpg

What should I try now?

Thanks

Then simply delete the Timeline in your Accordance library and install it new with Easy Install. 

Check then if a file is created.

Greetings

Fabian

I understand Helen in this way. Only to delete the Timeline in the Library would not help, because of the Preferences from Accordance Application Support folder. Then you have to delete this too. 

But you have no file there, so a delete in the Library should do the work. And then reinstall the Timeline. When all is ok. You should also have the file in the Preferences folder. Like I.

I guess the reason you don't have what I see is because you haven't the file. But a reinstall should create it.

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

There must be Timeline settings in the user/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences. To access the user/Library press option on the Go menu.

redacted

Edited by Brett K.

Sorry I have mislead you. 

The one which Helen posted is correct. 

Greetings

Fabian

I made sure Accordance was not running. I trashed the file: ~/Library/Preferences/Accordance Prefernces/Timeline.

I also found another Timline file and trashed it. It was: ~/Library/Preferences/Accordance Prefernces/Previous Accordance Settings/Timeline.

I launched Accordance, and the Timeline was still the same (like the initial image I posted). It had recreated a new file at: ~/Library/Preferences/Accordance Prefernces/Timeline. But nothing changed.

Anything else I can try?

Thanks

I've been working on it and trying every solution I know, but it hasn't helped.

Here's another piece of info. The preferences Accordance > Preferences > Timeline Display have no effect at all. I can change the color, font family, style, etc. and it does not change how the timeline is displayed.

It's like no preference file exists at all. But I'm looking at the preference file in the Finder. I trash it, launch Accordance, open the Timeline, and it creates a new Timeline preference file. But it does no good. I've checked the permissions on the file and the folder and they are fine.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks

I wonder if your OS colour wheel settings have somehow been corrupted?

If so, I don't know what the fix might be, you might need to search for the colour wheel settings and reset them.

Would it be possible for you to post a screenshot of the "Define Item Layers" dialog?  That's the one accessed here: post-34535-0-14366900-1530204011_thumb.png

This is fixed. I emailed him new settings files, many of his went way way back and were corrupt.

• Like 1