Sil commentary second edition

miguel1981

Does anyone know of a thread in Accordance or an article with second edition particulars concerning updates in Sil commentaries?

Does anyone know of a thread in Accordance or an article with second edition particulars concerning updates in Sil commentaries?

What do you mean by 2nd ed.? What specifically would you like to know?

In other words what are the differences between 1st edition and second edition of this commentary. I know that Accordance is offering what I see second edition which are versions of 2008 and up for the most part. I guess my concern would be if the changes from first to second were for most part due to exegitical advances it would be a great buy.

I don't know about the 1st vs. 2nd edition question.

However.. I will state that these are an absolutely fantastic resource. No other resources is so used and so helpful for me in dealing with the text of Scripture.

Moreover, I simply cannot afford to buy ever commentary set available. This resources does a great job of summarizing where each commentary stands in regards to difficult questions.

If I could only recommend one extra resource for Accordance outside of the text of the Bible (provided you have some familiarity with the original languages), this would be it.

• Like 1

Sounds good Jarcher, thx.

In other words what are the differences between 1st edition and second edition of this commentary. I know that Accordance is offering what I see second edition which are versions of 2008 and up for the most part. I guess my concern would be if the changes from first to second were for most part due to exegitical advances it would be a great buy.

I don't believe the entire series is a second edition, but that many of the volumes were updated. The reasons for this can vary depending on the series, and SIL does not provide any information that is really helpful. Typically it is because of more recently published secondary literature, etc. But I do not think the series itself changed their methodology based on any significant exegetical advances. Sorry that is not more helpful.

And, thanks, Jeremy for the great feedback as well.

Appreciate that Rick and Jeremy for feedback, I as well looked into it but didn't really come across anything