Auto Instant Details Pane Sizing

Enoch

I request an new preference as to Instant Details, namely automatic pane sizing.   

A pain with the Instant Details pane is that one has 2 choices, both undesirable:

1) One can pull the pane so it is very large & shows all the Instant Details data (as with textual apparatus) -- but then one loses a lot of screen space for text OR

2) One can keep the pane small so that one preserves a large area for text above it, yet one cannot read all the Instant Details data because it won't all fit in the pane.

Thus I propose a preference with automatically sizes the Instant Details pane to the data in the Instant Details pane.  So if one is reading the Greek text of NT, the pane is small until one hovers over a superscript foot note, at which point the pane enlarges to allow all the data automatically.  Then it goes back to small after one unhovers.

• Like 1

Enoch, why not open your Instant Details in a popover (Click and hold on the word, or Option-click it) when you know its a bit longer content?  This popover sizes to your content, up to a maximum size, but also scrolls, so you can view your full apparatus.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Enoch, why not open your Instant Details in a popover (Click and hold on the word, or Option-click it) when you know its a bit longer content?  This popover sizes to your content, up to a maximum size, but also scrolls, so you can view your full apparatus.

This still is a time-waster having to constantly jump thru hoops on I D.  Why not have a setting to enable auto window sizing on ID?