BibleWorks Crossover Packages

R. Mansfield

Hi Rick,

I think it might be hard to convince Acc, but I’ll add another perspective.

That is exactly my situation. I have made several Acc purchases, but honestly, they were for the Syntax searches. I bought the Essentials Collection to have a commentary set to attach notes to. Then Acc made the Stuttgart package available. Wonderful. But for me to cross over fully, I would need the Advanced add-on for BW version 10. Why? Simply the overall cost. So, while I would like to make Acc my primary program, without qualifying for the Advanced add-on, I know it will takes me years to replace the programs in that package at regular prices, or even at 20% off. If I would qualify for it, it would help me make Acc my main program, and I would just use BW for the user lexicon and rapid reading, i.e., as my secondary program.

So, my suggestion is, consider making the Advanced add-on package available for BW users who have already purchased most or all of the modules in the Basic package. Add grace upon grace.

Regards,

Michel

The crossover is a bargain. Otherwise I need a refund for what I had payed for all this modules. Most BW users had used their software to earn money. So this is depreciated like a company car or whatever after some years. The investment wasn’t so enormous in BW as they all Tell now. In the other hand I and my money doesn’t belong to me. I’m only a steward who has invest for the Kingdom.

Like I said, it might be hard to convince Acc, and I know others. But you could use your arguments against offering the packages to first time buyers also. I'm content to stay with BW10. The only way I will cross over quickly is with the same offer. And there is the added benefit that I would use it more and promote it more. I don't really know the ins and outs of the program because I don't use it that much. I do Syntax searches and write some notes. But either way, either qualifying for the Add-on package or migrating slowly over the next decade, I will purchase Acc modules as I am able.

But you could use your arguments against offering the packages to first time buyers also.

Yes you are correct and it was on my mind.

Greetings

Fabian

Hi Fabian,

Stewardship is the main issue for me. It only became an issue when I learned from the OP that BW is ceasing commercial operations (I always turn off notifications for all of my programs/apps; I learned of it here).

I already owned the majority of the BW modules in paper. Then I bought them in Logos. Then, I migrated to BW away from Logos (all of this as a Windows user). Now I'm worried that BW10 might not work in a VM in a decade. If I was convinced that it would work, I wouldn't even consider migrating to another platform again, this time to Acc.

I wasn't even asking for myself at the beginning. Don's input started me thinking about a parallel between first time buyers and those who bought Acc for a certain module, function, or workflow, but who otherwise spend the vast majority of their time in BW. In my case, I spend 2-8 hours/day in BW, and 10 minutes a day in Acc (on average, over the last three years).

I also think it will be mutually beneficial for those who are allowed to take advantage of the crossover package. I do find that the more I use Acc, the more I see how excellent it is. On the other hand, BW users will be losing some valued modules and functions - in my case, if BW eventually stops working, my user lexicon, the unpointed HB with the same functionality as the pointed one, and rapid reading capabilities that I worked out on my own, partly in response to Acc unanchoring instant details from its word on the iPad. So, a complete crossover is not all good. We BW users will have to accept loss also.

I also hope you know how much I appreciate your help on the Forums in general.

Regards,

Michel

Edit: - mutually beneficial because as we learn the strengths of the program, we will promote it, i.e., promote what we know. Also, we will buy other Acc modules.

Edited by Michel Gilbert
  • Like 1

I got the expected answer from the sales department. I find them particularly rigid when it comes to crossovers - just what's already on the website, what I already know.

Edit: I am disappointed that the cost of things prevents me from experiencing the program like the majority do, and that prevents me from being a full fledged member of this community. But, at least you got to see one BW user's perspective.

Edited by Michel Gilbert

Please don't respond to my last post. I may have to revise some of it.

Yes, I have to apologize. Acc Sales are much more flexible than inflexible.

Thanks to Jimmie for her grace and understanding.

• Like 3

Accordance really is a gracious company. Thank you.

And the Forum members are gracious as well. Thank you.

Yes, I have to apologize. Acc Sales are much more flexible than inflexible.

Thanks to Jimmie for her grace and understanding.

Jimmie is awesome. I fully agree.

Deleted

Edited by Ken Simpson

Suprised that the CNTTS apparatus is not part of crossover.  That is one of my main resources in BW that I have used for years. It would be nice if it were part of the crossover because it comes with BW10 at least.

Oh well, I am sure there are some modules in Accordance that weren't in BW but I love the CNTTS.

Edited by billman

Suprised that the CNTTS apparatus is not part of crossover.  That is one of my main resources in BW that I have used for years. It would be nice if it were part of the crossover because it comes with BW10 at least.

Oh well, I am sure there are some modules in Accordance that weren't in BW but I love the CNTTS.

Hello Billman,

Yes, CNTTS is one of the (many) great features that came standard with BW9 & 10. Unfortunately it's not included in the Crossover packages. But BW users can get a discount on it in Crossgrades. Take a look here (toward the bottom of the page).

And I do have to reiterate what Michel said: the sales department is very friendly and tries hard to make those who want to jump over to Accordance as easy an experience as possible.

Regards,

Don Cobb

Aix-en-Provence, France

• Like 1

I spoke with Jimmie about this before the crossover packages were available. The crossover price of $25 is for owners of version 2. BW is version 1, so you can still get a good deal, around $59 for the CNTTS if you own it in BW, but not the $25 price. If the situation has changed, then let me know as I do not want to misinform.

I spoke with Jimmie about this before the crossover packages were available. The crossover price of $25 is for owners of version 2. BW is version 1, so you can still get a good deal, around $59 for the CNTTS if you own it in BW, but not the $25 price. If the situation has changed, then let me know as I do not want to misinform.

Hello John,

I believe there is a difference between the CNTTS apparatus in BW9 and BW10. If I'm not mistaken, BW9 has version 1 (© 2004). According to the introductory matter, BW10 is updated until 2013. So I'm not sure that it's the most recent version, but it is at least the second edition--which, if I recall correctly, was announced as such when BW10 was released.

Regards,

Don Cobb

Aix-en-Provence, France

Thank you for the added information.

Mine introductory material says 2004 in BW10. I doubt there is an update I missed, but if yours is 2010 please let me know and I will try and update BW10 and open my request to Accordance again.

Hello Fidel,

As I mentioned, the copyright does indeed say 2004. However, in the third paragraph of the introductory material, the following is specified:

"CNTTS TEXTUAL DATABASE INFORMATION

[…] In 2013, a total review of the variation units was started, with those updates still ongoing, but with many included in this edition of the apparatus. Plans are to finish the update on the variation units for the entire NT in 2015. Future stages will include the on-going work of reviewing and correcting or clarifying the data as well as the addition of more witnesses each year as part of the planned annual updates. The advantage of the electronic database is that additions such as these can be done on a continual basis, with the next few years already full of planned expansions and revisions. So this is a growing work that will improve in both quality and comprehensiveness as more data is added."

So, clearly, the copyright date should have been changed to reflect the updated edition. But unless the 2013 date is the prophetic past, the edition included in BW10 goes back to 2014. :)  

If you do decide to renew your request to Accordance, I'd be interested to know how it ends up.

Regards,

Don Cobb

Aix-en-Provence, France

Don,

Many thanks for pointing this out. I have sent a request to Jimmie for getting the crossover pricing. I will get back and let you know what she says.

God bless.

Don,

Good news, they recognized BW10 as the latest version of CNTTS and gave me the $25 crossgrade price. Thanks for following up on this!

• Like 3

Don,

Good news, they recognized BW10 as the latest version of CNTTS and gave me the $25 crossgrade price. Thanks for following up on this!

Thank you Fidel. That's good to know!

DC

That's great news!

Edited by Mark Allison

I am sorry if this has been asked before. I searched but didn't see it. I am getting the crossover Basic package (tomorrow). I see that the Install instructions say, "Download". I am wondering what type of download it will be. I'm trying to figure out how to backup my Accordance program. Will it be one large ISO? If so, could you give me an approximate size. Thanks

You will start with the download of the application, about 100 mb. Accordance will log into your account and offer to download and install the content in the Easy Install window. You can choose how much and when to download.

As for backup, we only recommend backing up your own saved windows and content, which are saved in your Documents folder. You can always reinstall the content and the app.

• Like 1

I thought I'd expand Helen's statement a bit.

You need not worry about losing your Accordance software or resources. There's no DVD to lose or misplace. They are always available to download from our server. Just reinstall the Accordance app, enter your account information, and click Easy Install. If you forget your account information, you'll need to call our office and verify your identity; they will then reset your account. If you are syncing your personal content through DropBox, reinstalling it is almost as easy. Deployed and get your laptop blown up? Buy a new laptop and follow the same steps!

The only material you might want to back up manually it the file (normally in your documents folder) called "Accordance Files." It contains your Workspaces and other custom information. However, on my Mac, High Sierra automatically backs it up to the Cloud, meaning I can access it from any computer. Problem solved.

The bottom line is that your Accordance resources are more secure than a physical library of books. Just ask someone who has lost their library in a fire or a flood. Print publishers won't replace your books after a catastrophe.

• Like 2