Key Numbers for NLT

mleblanc1993

Are you guys working on getting Greek key numbers for other translations like the NLT and NET?

• Like 1

I think the new NET is being tagged by the translators so it will be easier if Accordance chooses to do it. NLT has been done by Logos so I am not sure if Tyndale supplied linked text or if that was wholly an internal project.

-dan

NLT has been done by Logos so I am not sure if Tyndale supplied linked text or if that was wholly an internal project.

I have no idea what Logos did, but Tyndale applied Strongs numbering to the NLT a while back. It appears in one for their print concordances as well as in the Cornerstone Biblical Commentary in places. 

• Like 2

Are you guys working on getting Greek key numbers for other translations like the NLT and NET?

My friend, I encourage you to take some time to learn some biblical greek—I personally believe that anyone can learn enough greek to read the original text, and in doing so, any desire to map greek words to numbers will be thoroughly extinguished.

(Even with a little basic biblical greek, you could work out how to pronounce/read the letters themselves, and begin to be able to do word searches using the greek rather than numbers).

Edited by Ιακοβ

Ιακοβ, I do know Greek, but the key number undeniably speed the search and research aspects of study when comparing large portions of text.

Ιακοβ, I do know Greek, but the key number undeniably speed the search and research aspects of study when comparing large portions of text.

How interesting,  I have never heard of this before. I wonder in what ways do you find mapping greek words to numbers, and then searching by numbers (rather than words) speeds up your research?  I ask this, because generally I have found the reverse to be true—usage of the greek words themselves has been faster for me than using numbers. 

but Tyndale applied Strongs numbering to the NLT a while back. It appears in one for their print concordances as well as in the Cornerstone Biblical Commentary in places. 

Then it would be fine to add this to the Bible module.

Greetings

Fabian

Accordance uses key numbering to map Bible translations to the original language texts. it makes cross-highlighting, the interlinear view, and key number searching possible. It also allows those working in a key number translation direct access to original language lexicons and resources.

Very few people handle the original languages well enough to sight read the biblical text, even fewer who can do so with any speed.

• Like 3