gpharr

I would love to see this resource added to the library.  It is a very good commentary that is time tested.  I have this in hard copy but would love to be able to add it to my Accordance library!

• Like 2

Wouldn’t mind seeing it although Moody’s Bible commentary has more or less been designed as a similar replacement I can still see the value in it.

-dan

• Like 1

The Wycliffe Bible Commentary was probably the first one-volume commentary I ever owned. Very good for it’s time; but yes, from Moody’s perspective, the Moody Bible Commentary is meant to supersede it. 

Looking over Leviticus 26 today in both Moody and Wycliffe even though Moody devotes only 2/3 the words to it I did feel I got more out of Moody this time than Wycliffe. That said often times I do feel more edified coming away from Wycliffe. While I may not encourage Accordance to go after every classic work (Indeed while I can see value in say the Interpreter's Bible I am not sure it is worth the effort to go after that one) but in the case of Wycliffe I honestly do feel there is value enough to consider getting it... I do not use Wycliffe much because I own it in WS and really the sooner I can get rid of it the better in my mind (don't care for its interface but WS was one of my first Bible programs)...

-dan

• 5 years later...

Reviving this thread to see if there is interest in this.