Changing account help needed

mgvh

In the latest Accordance year-end sale, I bought a bunch of modules.

On my home desktop computer, I used the Content update, and all worked well.

I just tried to use Content Update on my work laptop, but it says I'm up to date, but I don't have any of the new content I purchased.

Using 12.2.1

And now I figure out why... I started w/ an Accordance Lite package on my one machine and registered it to me.

On the other machine, I went through a school account.

So, when I look at my About Accordance popup, it's my name on both, but one lists my school and one is my personal one.

I was able to get the full Accordance program downloaded and working fine on both, and this is the first new content I bought.

I tried using safe start, but it doesn't offer the option to relogin.

Any suggestions? Any way to merge my two accounts or change the one to the proper one? Thanks!

Mark

Mark, Not on my laptop so can’t check but content update, checks for corrections that have been issued and then any upgrades.

I think you need to check easy install for the new modules you have purchased. On windows, file preferences I think. On mac and iOS they are two separate commands.

Edited by ukfraser

Mark, Not on my laptop so can’t check but content update, checks for corrections that have been issued and then any upgrades.

I think you need to check easy install for the new modules you have purchased. On windows, file preferences I think. On mac and iOS they are two separate commands.

He is correct.

Check for Content Updates involves searching for a list of modules that have had corrections/updates processed. This involves the modules you already have installed. 

Easy Install is where you will look for modules that you have purchased and not yet installed. Or perhaps you chose to remove a module from your library and wish to reinstall it. 

I had tried Easy Install, and I just tried it again, but it doesn't list any of the new resources I purchased.

I have the Hebrew/Greek Discoverer on both, but as I mentioned above, the About Accordance popup lists me in 2 different ways on my 2 machines.

Any other ideas?

What do you mean by "About Accordance popup lists me in 2 different ways on my 2 machines"? That may just mean you registered the app differently which is irrelevant. However, check that both Easy Installs are logging into the same account. If not, you need to contact the office or support to sort this out.

OK, I read your first post, and this is the case. Please contact the office. They can add the school contents to your personal account if you really need to keep them separate. You can also log out of one account in Easy Install, and into the other to download the contents purchased there.

Thanks, Helen. I contacted support, and they're getting it straightened out.