Hypertext

pbgroover

I have 2 questions concerning the hypertext in iOS:

1. How do I get the Alt Text to show instead of the main Text? For example I have ESV set as the main hyperlink text and CSB as alt text, so when I hyperlink from Bible notes it always shows the ESV, how do I get the CSB to show as an alternative when clicking on a hypertext?

2. This may be a feature request, but is it possible to have the hyperlink text set to whatever the text version that is open in the main window? For example if I am reading the CSB and I click a hyperlink in the notes I want it in CSB. Likewise if I am reading the ESV I would prefer the ESV. At the moment it appears to be locked to what is set in the tool display settings and therefore it has to be manually changed whenever a new version is opened for the hyperlinks to correspond to the text being read.

Thanks Paul

Paul, the alt-text kicks in if you hover over a hyperlink for a reference not in the canon of the primary text. So, if you're using the ESV as your main text, Accordance will never access the CSB because those versions have the same canons (at least in Accordance; yes, I know there's an ESV apocrypha now). I always recommend that users set up the first text as a preferred Bible or translation and then set the alt text to something with the Apocrypha. So, I have my main hyperlink text set to show the CSB, but I have the alt text to display the NRSV because it has a larger canon. The alt text will also work with Pseudepigrapha, Josephus, non-biblical Dead Sea Scrolls or whatever you find yourself wanting to display most often. 

Regarding your second request, there's no current way to do what you're asking. However, you can set up each individual tool to have its own set of text and alt text. From any reference work, open text settings from the Action Menu and change the text and alt-text to anything you want. Save as default if you want to use these texts each time,. 

• Like 1

Thanks Rick,

this is helpful advice, I will set up as you suggest. Appreciate the quick and detailed reply.

Thanks Paul