Full Screen Mode Startup and High Sierra

Dr. Nathan Parker

I have Accordance set to launch a session in Full Screen Mode at startup. Since upgrading to High Sierra, it's been hit and miss, and most of the time, Accordance doesn't open the in Full Screen Mode. I keep forgetting to report it.

Let me know if you need more details such as Accordance version number (I am on 12) and macOS High Sierra version number. I'm on a 2011 iMac.

Thanks!

I've had a number of issues with Full Screen mode (even prior to High Sierra) not behaving exactly as it should — particularly if you have multiple workspaces as tabs in full screen mode then happen to reboot or close/reopen.  Usually you'll have two windows of Accordance for each workspace afterwards.  I actually believe this behavior is better than in the past - where I feel like half the time screens would be corrupted and I would have to close out Accordance and tell it not restore the previous session.  

• Like 1

I've had full screen issues prior to 10.13. Not tripping, but annoying for sure. 

I've had a number of issues with Full Screen mode (even prior to High Sierra) not behaving exactly as it should — particularly if you have multiple workspaces as tabs in full screen mode then happen to reboot or close/reopen.  Usually you'll have two windows of Accordance for each workspace afterwards.  I actually believe this behavior is better than in the past - where I feel like half the time screens would be corrupted and I would have to close out Accordance and tell it not restore the previous session.  

Agreed. It's better. Not perfect, but better. One that I haven't experienced in quite a while (thankfully) is when I'd have two workspaces open in tabs and then it would still open a blank full screen window for the second tab. Ugh. But it seems like the A-team has been on it!

Thanks for this string. 

I'm experiencing the same problem running High Sierra 10.13.1 and Accordance 12.1.5. The application will not launch in full screen mode (at all). Never had a problem before High Sierra. 

I'm running a single workspace with multiple tabs. 

Edited by tkm

I'm just running a single workspace with just one Bible. I'll test in Accordance 12.2 and High Sierra 10.13.2 and see what happens.

It seems to be working for me on Accordance 12.2 and High Sierra 10.13.2.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

HI: I am just now reading this topic. I am using Mac Sierra, 12.6.  I do NOT need Accordance to "open" in full screen mode, but I do need Accordance to move to "FULL SCREEN". I know that this is probably something very basic, but I have gone to FAQ, and even the index -- and there is nothing that seems to answer my question.

NOTE: I am on vacation, using my lap top. Usually at home, I have a large monitor such that I do not use full screen. If someone can help me: I promise to write this down so that: when I take my next vacation: I can enter "full screen", hopefully without bothering anyone.

Again: I do not need Accordance to start in FULL SCREEN -- I just want to get to FULL SCREEN. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

Command-click the green circle in the upper left corner of the Accordance window. This works in other programs too. To go out of full screen click the green circle again.

Two things are useful with a Mac laptop. The green light in the upper left will remove the items at the top and bottom in the Mac environment. To return to the normal view, press the escape key. 

I usually expand the zone I am working in by clicking on the "Magnify this Zone" button located at the top right of the zone title area. To return to normal size, click on the "Exit zone magnify" button—again at the top right in the zone title area.

Shalom,

Joseph