Instant Details

allegro72

Hello!

I'm using Accordance 12 for Mac. Is there any way to move the Instant Details window to the TOP of the workspace (and still remaining a part of the workspace and NOT a floating window)?

I have tried dragging every which way but it always defaults the either the right side or the bottom. I have attached a picture of where I want it moved.

Any help appreciated, thanks in advance!

post-34719-0-74639800-1510902517_thumb.png

While the Instant Details can't be anchored to the left or top, you do have other options.  If you detach the Instant Details (the button below 'change orientation), you can position it over the top of your workspace.  Finally, be sure that your Preferences -> Instant Details is set to "Automatically fade when floating".  This way, it will show up when working with the text, but hide when finished and you need access to the Search Entry again.

Its a neat setup!

Yes, but not what the OP wanted.

lol, thank you for acknowledging this.

I had already tried this suggestion, but I felt the fade mechanic was not to my liking and rather distracting as my mouse moves across the screen and would randomly mouse over items I did not want instant details on. When the ID panel is in a fixed position, it's less of an issue. But when it's a pop-up floating window with a fade, it just gets invoked more often than intended and distracting as it appears and disappears.

Why not then just move the workspace below the ID window? My workflow often involves moving windows around to accommodate other applications, so I'd like the ID panel to be part of Workspace so that it moves with it when it is resized or moved.

I had this frustration in Accordance 9. I recently upgraded to v12, but I am surprised that this is still not implemented.

Oh well, all good. Thank you everyone for responding!