BHQ Divided in Separate Modules?

Fabian

Hello 

Why are the BHQ Modules now separated? I don't like it by the LXX Göttingen and now the BHQ has the same disadvantageous.

Greetings

Fabian

Hi Fabian,

I don't have this in Acc, so I have to assume you mean separate books, Deut, Judg, etc. It is one module in Logos.

But, for the same $150 (regular price), BW and Logos offer the Stuttgart OT scholarly package that contains:

BHQ - same ones as in Acc
BHS with SESB (WIVU) morphology, and Apparatus
Rahlfs LXX with morphology, and Apparatus
LEH
Wörterbuch
and the Vulgate with Apparatus

https://store.bibleworks.com/product135.html

https://www.logos.com/product/55084/stuttgart-scholarly-editions-old-testament

Acc obviously has dealings with DBG, and I was told privately that Acc was pursuing this package. Has Acc decided in the meantime not to pursue it?

Regards,

Michel

GBS requested the individual fascicles, but if there is a demand we will make a combined one. However you can combine the texts and the tools in parallel with a complete text. We already combined the two Masorah modules with the apparatus so there are no longer 4 reference tools for each text.

Hello Michel

Till the new update they was one Module for the BHQ, one for the Commentary etc. Now all is divided in separate files. So I have 6 BHQ Bible modules, 6 BHQ Commentaries and so on. So the search works not over a Book/Module.

The same unwanted behavior has also the LXX Modules. 

Lately when they finished then it would be necessary to have one module for the Bible texts.

Greetings

Fabian

Hi,

Take this in the context that I love Accordance. 

I don't have the modules in Acc, so I can't comment on functionality. But the cost is an issue to me. I would like to migrate to Acc, but the regular price of the Stuttgart package in Acc is 199 (BHQ), 109 (BHS with Apparatus, a guess, since it's not the SESB), 20 (Wörterbuch), 119 (Rahlfs with Apparatus), 99 (LEH), and 139 (Vulgate with Apparatus) = give or take $685 buying all these separately, plus a Starter, and still not having the SESB MT, with German glosses, and different parsing (came across a significant one today in Job).

You can recommend the Stuttgart package in Logos to a student for 149, and not have to pay for the engine. I think you've lost some customers, maybe for good on this one. Unless you can offer the same price point, with SESB, and I can convince students/colleagues/friends of the added benefit in Acc (which I believe in, but not at the present price pont point).

I do love the program, and the work you do. But this Stuttgart package issue really surprises me.

Regards,

Michel

Edited by Michel Gilbert

We strongly believe that the quality of the program and the texts in Accordance, the development time we invest, and the royalties that we need to pay on them justify the price we offer. We simply cannot match the price and do justice to the many people involved in these works.

Hi Helen,

I respect that. Since the package isn't coming, what do you think about asking DBG for cross grade pricing? Then everyone's bottom line would be protected, and even added to.

Regards,

Michel

Quick question on this:

After upgrading to the 6 Fascicles bundle today, I tossed my combined BHQ, Apparatus, and Commentary modules since those are separate now.

Do I need the BHQ Masorah Magna and Parva modules in my library still or can I toss those? It sounded like Helen mentioned the content is in different modules now.

Thanks!

Quick question on this:

After upgrading to the 6 Fascicles bundle today, I tossed my combined BHQ, Apparatus, and Commentary modules since those are separate now.

Do I need the BHQ Masorah Magna and Parva modules in my library still or can I toss those? It sounded like Helen mentioned the content is in different modules now.

Thanks!

The Masorah Magna and Parva data is now in the associated Apparatus module (i.e. BHQ-12 Apparatus). Look for the "Mp" and "Mm" tags.

• Like 2

Perfect! I'll go ahead and toss the individual modules I have on these to transition to the new ones.