Typo in Mounce's MBG

Martin Z

First I thought only the version in Accordance is wrong. Then I found out that it faithfully reflects the typo in the hard copy.

on page 306 (Morphology of Biblical Greek), it says,

If the consonant is a labial (τ δ θ), the ν will become a μ (e.g., λαμβάνω; §24.1).

"τ δ θ" should be "π β φ ψ" according to §24.1 on page 37.

In this case, will Accordance correct the typo? :rolleyes:

yes

Thank you, Rick. I appreciate so much. As the time goes, the e-version will have another advantage by correcting all the typos/apparent errors.

Here I find another one. I'm just jumping from here to there as I review my passages for the coming final exam. I don't know why I'm finding all these typos/errors...

on page 262, it says,

155 Roots are *θρεχ and *δραμ (v-8; Funk §487.9). Whenever the aspirate χ is present, the τ aspirates to a θ (§15.6). If the χ were altered, the θ would reappear. (Cf. θρεκτός, θρεκτικός) Has compounds εἰστρέχω, ἐπισυντρέχω, κατατρέχω, περιτρέχω, προτρέχω, προστρέχω, συντρέχω, ὑποτρέχω.

This, of course, is wrong, and contradicts the following sentence.

§15.6 also says the opposite:

§15.6 Stem aspirates.   Some words originally had two aspirates in the stem. The first aspirate will have deaspirated (as is seen in the lexical form).

We'll take a look at this, thanks. It's possible newer printings corrected some errors that did not get reported to us over the years.

Is there a newer edition?

I bought a second hand hard copy published in 1994.

I see Amazon has Oct 14, 1998 in the title. But he publisher info. has: 

• Paperback: 388 pages
    • Publisher: Zondervan; 59170th edition (December 21, 1994)

I'm a little bit confused by this information on Amazon. If this is a corrected version, I will regret on buying an earlier version for lower price.

If they issued corrections in subsequent printings, that would not change the copyright date. We have 1994 set as the date as well. Mounce has not written a second edition to this.