Help Displaying the Greek Inflected Form

Chris_Crawford

I'm new to Accordance and to Greek as well, so I hope I'm using the correct terms here...

I'm going through Bill Mounce's "Greek for the Rest of Us" online class. As part of the class, he has Accordance screen casts for us to watch. These have been very helpful so far in learning to use Accordance.

In one of the videos he demonstrates that when he clicks on a word in a tagged English bible translation, the lexical form of the word appears in the top line of the Instant Details window, and the inflected form of the word, which is used in the text, appears as the second line of the Instant Details window. However, whenever I click on a word, I only get the lexical form.

One difference that I noticed is that he is using the GNT-T for his New Testament Greek text. I have Accordance 12, and I'm using GNT28-T. I searched for GNT-T, but it does not seem to still be available.

Does anyone know how to get the Instance Details window to show both the lexical form and the inflected form of a word when that word is selected in the English text? Is there some setting that I have to enable or something? Or maybe some add-on I need?

By the way, I went into preferences and selected all of the options under Instant Details for the Greek and Hebrew section, but that did not seem to work.

I can post some screen shots if I need to.

Thanks for your help. -Chris

Can you confirm that your Preferences -> Compare Texts -> Source Texts are set to the GNT or NA28?  Also, in Preferences -> Instant Details -> Key Numbers, is the 'Parsing' checkbox marked?

Hey Joel, Your last question led me to the solution! I did have the Source Text for the New Testament set to NA28, but I also had the Keyed Text set to ESVS. When I changed the Keyed Text to "Mounce NT with G/K numbers and phrase tagging", it started displaying the inflected form as demonstrated in the videos.

Thanks for pointing me into the right direction!

• Like 1