related texts in iOS

A. Smith

There is another thread going about library organization in iOS. That'd be great. But I'd at least like it if the order I arranged my library would stick when I switch texts in the search menu. The 'related texts' feature is almost never what I'm looking for. I'm usually switching between HMT, GNT and LXX. For some reason, those three never tend to show up together in the related text menu. Instead, I've got to scroll down through the library list below that. It would be so much simpler if the library order I've already established would simply remain and I could access my most used texts at the very top of the list, where I've placed them! Thanks.

Hi anthony, not sure i understand what you mean, switching texts, if you click the text name in the menu bar, you see the order of the texts as you have placed them making it easy to switch.

This even works with both items in two panes having two texts or references open in parallel.

Are you referring to something else?

post-31185-0-61097000-1507033269_thumb.png

Hi anthony, not sure i understand what you mean, switching texts, if you click the text name in the menu bar, you see the order of the texts as you have placed them making it easy to switch.

This even works with both items in two panes having two texts or references open in parallel.

Are you referring to something else?

No. I mean from the search box like this:

post-29320-0-04280500-1507042672_thumb.png

post-29320-0-58743400-1507042692_thumb.png

Ah, ok, yes. Its the same when you have searched and got the results, it would be nice to change the text by clicking on resource name in the menu bar and explore other texts with the same search criteria. (On sunday i was looking at all the lectionary readings and run a search for them in nrsv and then wanted to readthem in niv and esv but couldnt just change the text selected coz i was looking at search results).

;o)

Some of us are never satisfied!!!!!!

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

Well, I’m just thinking even if we can’t completely customize the list with dividers, folders and whatnot, at least maintain the same list so that when we know where to look quickly for our chosen text!

Ah, ok, yes. Its the same when you have searched and got the results, it would be nice to change the text by clicking on resource name in the menu bar and explore other texts with the same search criteria. (On sunday i was looking at all the lectionary readings and run a search for them in nrsv and then wanted to readthem in niv and esv but couldnt just change the text selected coz i was looking at search results).

;o)

Some of us are never satisfied!!!!!!

+1

This is similar to what I requested earlier today in the other thread. Hoping this can be smoothed out to enhance this functionality.