Library Organization in iAccord

Julia Falling

Hey – This has been brought up before but I haven't seen anything in a while. 

I would really appreciate a way to organize my Library in iAccord.  I have a limited install on my phone but a pretty extensive one on my iPad Pro (9.7").  I put the most used modules (less than 4 of them) at the top of each category.  After that, I've tried to organize by type, but, frankly, it's a mess.  If I were only opening a single module, I could just do a search.  However, when I want to open a module (or change the module) in a parallel pane, it's a pain!  (I'm not a fan of puns but couldn't refrain from that one.)

The texts are a mess because I have a lot of English and a lot of Greek – 71 texts in all.  Reference Tools – 82; General Tools – 105; English Tools – only 37.  Subfolders would be good.  If that is too difficult, being able to "color code" the icons would help.

Help!

• Like 6

+1

+1

+1

I am sure this is already high on the list of priorities for our developers, but thanks for the feedback.

• Like 2

I am sure this is already high on the list of priorities for our developers, but thanks for the feedback.

That is good news, Helen.  Thanks for the reply.

+1

• 1 month later...

+1

Have just started using more seriously on ioS and share the same frustration. My first thought is whether reference tools could be split into Commentaries, Study Bibles and Translator Notes?

I also noticed:

1. There is no option to edit or order devotionals?

2. Devotionals and reading plans appear in both devotionals and general tools, adding bulk to the already long general tool list

3. NRSV (parallel texts) appears in both texts and reference tools (I'm sure it shouldn't be in texts)

Thanks Paul

+1

3. NRSV (parallel texts) appears in both texts and reference tools (I'm sure it shouldn't be in texts)

Thanks Paul

Fyi They are the notes to nrsv in references, the bit you get in footnotes in a printed edition, so not a duplication and hope you havent deleted them.

I would like to add i would like to change the order of my library eg put devotionals at the bottom, bring references up after texts and keep my english greek and hebrew together followed by general.

But my first two top wishes are to be able to switch any resource from the top menu bar (as you can in texts, second pane in texts and devotionals) cutting out having to go through recently opened and opening eg reference in library to switch commentary

And be able to have any tool in either pane (sp see ebc and ebc notes) or have a text and atlas side by side

;o)

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

Fyi They are the notes to nrsv in references, the bit you get in footnotes in a printed edition, so not a duplication and hope you havent deleted them.

Thanks Fraser, I checked and you're right, also the module is now correctly named NRSV Notes in the reference tools, so no duplication :)

But my first two top wishes are to be able to switch any resource from the top menu bar (as you can in texts, second pane in texts and devotionals) cutting out having to go through recently opened and opening eg reference in library to switch commentary

I'm looking for an easy way to do this too.

Also, somewhat related, when I amplify a word and jump to the entry in the lexicon or dictionary, I was wondering why the resource in the top bar menu is not able to be changed, so I can quickly check the entry in another dictionary or lexicon from the same resource folder. It seems I have to run another search to do this, unlike in the desktop version, where I can scroll through similar resources. Smoothing this out would be great!

Edited by pbgroover

Thanks Fraser, I checked and you're right, also the module is now correctly named NRSV Notes in the reference tools, so no duplication :)

Sorry, my mistake, I was looking at the wrong tool, NRSV (Parallel Texts) is still duplicated in both Texts and Reference Tools.

Is this able to be fixed along with the other duplications?

Edited by pbgroover

Interesting, both notes for main text and parallel text in my reference tools

post-31185-0-81195500-1507042606_thumb.png

Thanks Fraser,

I’ve definitely got some duplication, attached are some screen shots of the instances I mentioned above.

Can this be rectified so the folders aren’t padded out with duplicate resources?

Thanks Paul

post-33969-0-46967900-1507070548_thumb.png

post-33969-0-26165700-1507070569_thumb.png

post-33969-0-94505700-1507070596_thumb.png

post-33969-0-06692100-1507070610_thumb.png

The only duplication is that Devotional tools are by nature also General tools. The parallel NRSV2 and its Notes are not duplicates.

I am sure that we will implement a much better organization of the Library in iOS as soon as we can.

Thanks for the clarification Helen, this will be very helpful

• 1 year later...

I am sure that we will implement a much better organization of the Library in iOS as soon as we can.

Sorry to bump this back up but was wondering if there has been any progress on this? It would be a great improvement to the Library in iOS... Thanks

• Like 1

Ενεκεν τουτου επιποθει και εκλειπει η ψυχή μου.

Edited by A. Smith