IOS Death Spiral

rcdeacon

Had another death spiral today! It has been a while since this happened. Although I have absolutely NO IDEA why it is happening nor do I know how to replicate it, it usually occurs right after a Dropbox sync! Just after the sync the program does NOTHING! It does not crash I simply have the library window of recent modules that you get right after a sync. I usually have to force quit (double click on home button) and then upon restart of Accordance all I get is the splash screen with the spinning wheel. I deleted and reinstalled Accordance this morning and am in the process of downloading needed modules. Not sure what is happening but I was using the latest test flight version.(2.5.7)

Bob

EDIT: Just did it again right after a Dropbox sync. It is froze on the "library" screen. I try to click on "close" nothing happens, in fact you can click on anything and NOTHING happens!

EDIT: Happened yet again (3rd time)! After last install I installed a very small number of resources (thinking size may be a problem) but that did not matter. Immediately after the sync I got the first screen ("recently opened") which I could close out of but the second screen ("library") is where it froze. IOS Accordance at this point is NOT reliable. (I believer I posted on this a short while ago). This is actually a repeat of a previous problem. It seemed to have sorted itself out and so I failed to follow up, NOW it is back!

Edited by Bob Deacon

Hi Bob,

I recommend working with our tech support to get you back up and running. But more importantly, they would help us to start diagnosing this problem so that it does not happen again, etc. I know that you have some user content with large file sizes (probably pushing the edge of what Accordance was designed for..) and hopefully we could find a way to enhance your Accordance needs.

Sorry for the troubles,

Mike

Thank you Mike for responding! My highlight file is probably the largest coming in close to 1mb. I have just reinstalled and only added two modules. It seems to be working but I have not been able to isolate what is causing the problem.

Bob

Hi, dont use drop box and would normally say have you been to the settings and deleted the last sessions.

Thanks for the tip ukfraser. I have NOT deleted the last session and I haven't used the other method to sync in a long time. I am trying to find the offending file which is probably my highlight file which is 914 kb. Hopefully I can resolve this today!

Bob

Deleting the Last Session is the most important first step whenever any Accordance has problems starting up.

I assume that includes ios? Thanks for the tip, I did not know that.

Bob

How can I manage my highlights better (short of NOT highlighting at all)! Being a visual person and a visual learner highlights is a definite asset however I am trying to figure out how to keep the size of my highlight file properly managed. Not sure what the limitation is on any given highlight file.

Bob

OK. I removed my old LARGE highlight file to the desktop and started fresh. So far so good. As I said it was 914mb. We shall see how this works.

Bob

Ok, new highlight file that is relatively small (since it only began yesterday) BUT the death spiral is back! Once again it  occurred right after a Dropbox sync (may have to take ukfraser's advice and NOT use Dropbox). Will be calling Tech Support.

Bob

We use drop box at church for collaborating on our services but i cant edit the files, word just crashes on my mbp and no one seems to see the comments i add. i havent wanted to infect my ios devices with the app version, nothing to do with accordance but this experience has put me off.

I know others use and rely on it. Just not on my priority or things to do list and unlikely to be added in the forseeable future.

;o)

Removing last session has always sorted ios accordance for me on those few occasions it has misbehavedand is always my default action.