Removing Genealogies and Dake Bible Outlines From Info Pane Commentaries

sfarson

As the Subject Heading notes, I have these two books showing up as Commentaries in the Info Pane.  But they are not parked in my Library as commentaries.  I have the Genealogies resource in Biblical Studies, and Dake Bible Outlines in Preaching.  Yet they show up as Commentaries in the info Pane (kinda want to preserve this precious space for commentaries).

Any tips?  Thanks!

I would do this two modules to the bottom of the Commentary section. Then they will come up only if you have added all Commentaries to the Info Pane.

Greetings

Fabian

Fabian...  Thanks for the suggestion.  I moved them to the bottom of the commentary section.  

• Like 1

I'm still curious as to why they would show up in the commentary section in the Info Pane. I wonder if you have your Preaching and Biblical Studies folders higher than the Commentaries folder in your Library window? If so, and you want to keep those two titles in their previous respective folders, simply move those folders below Commentaries, and that should take care of the issue. 

You know, I don't know why they appear as commentaries either.  I have everything alphabetized... tools in the library (so, Biblical Studies is above Commentaries, but Preaching is not), and every resource under every tool, yet Genealogies (in Biblical Studies) and Dake Outlines (in Preaching) appear as Info Pane Commentaries.

Oh, this became the case when I updated to 12.1.2

These are correct in the Commentary section. They are scripture based. Just put it on the bottom.

Greetings

Fabian

Maybe, but all other outlines (seven) I own are automatically placed in "Preaching."

Maybe the Outlines has to be adjust. I'm sure Mark Allison knows more.

The Outlines of the NAB are also in another category.

Greetings

Fabian

In Preferences: Appearance you can choose to Organize all Tools by Category, which will put everything into its official place (but lose any changes you made). You can also simply move tools except parallels to any category you want.

Just FWIW, these two resources do not show up among the Info Pane Commentaries on my Windows PC.  It is only on my iMac and MacBook Pro where they insist on being identified as Commentaries.  No big deal, but there is different behavior.

Uh... Nevermind.  They didn't appear as commentaries on the Window Box, but now they do (12.1.2.1).  Anyway, I've moved them to the bottom of the list.