New Search Tab

Yohanan

Thanks, I fear your moto is significant of what the use of abbreviations in modern American language (spreading around the world) is aiming at: to kill the language, if not the speech acts. 

Anyway, I doubt there exists anything accessible to us like a "dead language". As soon as you can read a language and know it, it is a living language and it is read by a community.

So? post-32723-0-25255300-1497722272_thumb.jpg

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 2

Well, I guess you can write something new in Old Greek or Latin. When I finished my studies, a long time ago, I was able to speak Aramaic (text criticism, activism, and my own laziness perhaps, have killed that skill). Then it depends what you call a "full revivification", but before anything like a novel, you can narrate your life, language is life and life is language. But this leads us - mea culpa - to another discussion.

Blessings.

Edited by Yohanan

I was trying to learn Greek composition at one point. It got swamped by other things. Speaking Aramaic - very cool ! I have heard that it is in fact still spoken in at least one small place in Syria.

Best
D

Edited by דָנִיאֶל

Thank you for the message,

… 2) why this could change our view of the problem some have ?

Thanks in advance,

The point I was attempting to make is that the problem I am having with the new tab function is for some reason intermittent. This fact might, at least in part, shed some light on the difficulty of tracking down the problem. In my case, the proper function returned after I restarted my computer, but I am pretty sure that I had tried this before without success. I hope this clarifies things and I apologize for any confusion my previous post may have caused.

Don, Thank you for the answer, no need for apologies. I tried this, just now once more and it does not work. In any case the problem is specific to the version 12.1 for on Sierra with version 10.9.6 the problem was inexistant. So I hope and by hope I mean I am confident, that something will be done by the technicians.

Yours.