Sharing Library Configuration

mgvh

I'm new to Accordance 12. I first set it up on my home computer and got everything organized as I wanted. I also set up the Dropbox Sync.

I then installed it on my seminary system. I ran the Dropbox sync, and everything matches up, except the way I organized my Library. Specifically, I put texts and dictionaries and lexicons, etc. in a preferred order. I also created a few folders under text to group Hebrew OT, LXX, GNT, etc together.

QUESTION: Is there a way to sync/share the Library organization?

(BTW, I did try copying over the *.acc1 files from one system to the other, but that didn't make a difference in the Library configuration)

Thanks!

Right now libraries do not sync--I'd like to see this as a future added feature myself!

If you're running both installations on the same platform (Mac or Windows), you can manually sync them by copying the correct preference file from one system to another. I don't remember off the top of my head which file that is, but perhaps someone else who does know will chime in. 

In the meantime, if you were to mention which platform you use, that will help someone with a better memory than me tell you which file to transfer. 

• Like 1

Thanks, Rick. I'm running Accordance 12 on two Win10 systems.

If you have everything installed on both computers you should be able to copy the entire Preferences folder over:

C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Accordance\Accordance Preferences

Thanks, Helen. I think I see what's going on now. Dropbox seems to be syncing things in that Accordance Preferences folder in the one you list:

C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Accordance\Accordance Preferences

There is another Accordance Preferences folder which on my computer is located:
C:\ProgramData\Accordance\Accordance Preferences

The workspaces, however, are stored in the:

C:\Users\[user name]\Documents\Accordance\Accordance Files

I can copy over the .accord files, but maybe is it simply a matter of reassigning where the workspaces get stored so that they sync w/ Dropbox?

• 2 months later...

What was the MacOS 10.12 path? Especially since the Documents folder now rests on the iCloud Drive. Thank you!

Hi Baron

try

/Users/<your user name>/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences

• Like 1