User Tool - Linking Strongs Number

timtaylor3

I'm unable to create links in my Custom User Tools to the Greek Lexicons, ie Strongs or Monce based on the Strong's number.  The line creation dialog box works as expected, but something isn't working right as the link won't work because a different resource is added to the link.  

For example, I highlight the text, then I bring up the dialog box, change the Resource field to "Greek Strong's Dictionary," Field to Strong's Number and put 4190 in the search field and hit "ok".  Then I click "update" and go back and click the link and get the error:  "This hyperlink cannot be shown because the module “Greek Strong‚Äôs” is not installed." 

I get this error when I link to Monce Greek Dictionary:  "This hyperlink cannot be shown because the module “Greek Strong‚Äôs” is not installed."

As you can see from the error, there is an issue with the Resource field.

The work around that I have found is to manually look up the G/K number in Mounce and then link to that number, not the Strong's Number.  I don't want to use this work around if I can help it.

I'm using Accordance 12.0.6, but I've had this issue on previous versions.

Edited by timtaylor3

Yes the "Greek Strong Dictionary" brings by me the same message.

Interesting if I open the link in the User Tool again it has changed from G/K Number or Strong's Number to Greek Entry. This seems to be the problem. 

I tested it with the number 13 instead of 4190 and this works. Even if I open the link again it shows the correct Field.

Greetings

Fabian

Another Question: Would it be in the near future possible to tag the html file with this informations before?

Edited by Fabian

Can anyone tell me how to manually create the link to strongs and Monce by Strong's Number using the [ ] notation?  I'd like to see if that works.

Here's an accord search link for the word "Word" (Logos) in John 1: accord://search/Mounce_Greek_Dictionary;Strong’s_Number?3056

Here's a location URL for the same article: accord://read/Mounce_Greek_Dictionary#9112

Triple-click to open the lexicon to the definition for that particular word. Then either a) right-click in the lexicon's Search Entry box and select Copy as Search URL or B) right-click in front of the article itself (within the pane) and select Copy as Location URL.

I've had trouble putting these links in brackets and parentheses. I'm not sure why, so I've just been leaving an extra space before and after the link.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

Thanks, that helped for Mounce, which will work for now.  

When I did that process you referenced for Strongs, I kept getting my link converted to "accord://read/Greek_Strong‚Äö#2572" no matter how many times I pasted in "accord://read/Greek_Strong#2572".   There must be a bug in how Accordance links to Strong's.  What really wierd to me is I was actually copying the url for Strong's Greek G2556, so I find it interesting that the number became 2572.  Maybe that's a clue as well for the developers.  

Tim,  thank you for the reports.  I can confirm they are definitely bugs when creating links in User Tools that involve the ‘smart quote’ characters present in that tool and field name.  We'll get these fixed right away.

• Like 2