Accordance 12 & macOS Sierra

Ken Thompson

Has anyone had an issue with slow launch times using Accordance 12 on macOS Sierra?  My launch time is approximately 50 seconds compared with approximately 20 second while using El Capitan.  After it is open it seems to operate normally.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)

2.3 GHz Intel Core i7

macOS Sierra 10.12.4

Accordance 12.0.5

Any comments, help or suggestions appreciated.

Thanks!!

Well, I can’t remember 12.0.5 directly but the v12.0.6 beta we have just begun to test launches in 12s on my 2014 MBP. The update will be out as soon as it is ready. (yeah I know - everyone wants a timeline). Being a beta, there may be other bugs that need squashing before we can release.

Hi Ken, try cleaning out your caches by holding down the option key when you launch, and select the cleanup items at the bottom one at a time and see if that helps.

You also might experiment with a couple of the higher up items like temporarily disabling dropbox sync, or rebuilding your settings. Do you have a complex workspace set as the default? I always just have mine set to  open a new search window.

Edited by Ken Simpson

Ken,

Thanks for the suggestions, however, I was unable to get any of them to work.  When I held down the option key and made the suggested selection, Accordance became unresponsive and I had to Force Quit.  I closed my more complex workspace and loaded a simple one and noticed no real significant gain.  The upgrade to macOS Sierra has not gone well.  Pages, Fotor (photo app) and a fitness app that I use, all exhibit the same behavior (programs I tend to use the most).  Other programs seem to behave as they should.  If I revert back to El Capitan, everything works fine.

I am not sure whether to hang in there with Sierra or go back to El Capitan.

Thanks for you suggestions, they are appreciated.

Hi Ken, sorry for the problems you are facing. If there are sluggishness issues with other programs, what we do with Accordance is unlikely to help.

Fire up Activity Monitor (in your Utilities folder) and see what is chewing up your time. Ignore AM itself, it is a resource hog (we are looking for CPU%). We have found WindowServer to be the culprit on our church Mac when certain USB devices were plugged in. Have you tried unplugging all USB peripherals?

Hey Ken,

Thanks for your interest in trying to help me out.  I looked at the Activity Monitor and tried unplugging the only thing plugged into the USB port, which was a USB dongle for a wireless keyboard, but there was no performance/speed increase in launching the programs.  It's puzzling that the launch time is the only real issue, as the operational/search speed etc, seem unaffected.

Thanks again for you suggestions.  Maybe a future OS update will remedy this problem?

Ken

Ken,

Is there a reason you need Sierra? Why not revert to using El Capitan?

A.D.