Accordance Unicode font—two issues

A.D. Riddle

First, I would like to request that the following characters be added to the Accordance Unicode font: Egyptian aleph (U+A722 and U+A723), Egyptian ayin (U+A724 and U+A725), and Egyptian yod (this has not been assigned a Unicode value--would need to stick it in the Private Use Area).

Second, in another topic, I discovered that there are some issues with the Accordance Unicode font when pasted into Mellel. Is this something Accordance can fix?

33475287610_d11138ae15_b.jpg

A.D.

What program are you using? The export looks fine in TextEdit, Pages, and MS Word for me.

Edit: Sorry, didn't notice you said Mellel!  I'll have to confirm that.  As far as I remember, Mellel doesn't use standard Unicode rendering, so they may have trouble with our font.

Joel,

My guess is that many Mac users who work with Hebrew script are using Mellel. I do not know what it would require on your end, but it would be very nice to have the Accordance font work with Mellel. The SBL Hebrew font has worked flawlessly in Mellel for me over the past 8 or 9 years.

Thanks,

A.D.

I note that Helen has given this glowing recommendation for Mellel: "I highly recommend using Mellel which is a nice word procesor, excellent for Hebrew, outputs for Word or in RTF as well as many other options, is downloadable and inexpensive and has good tech support."

Perhaps that may encourage improvement of the font so that it plays nice with Mellel.

A.D.

A. D. Riddle

Have you wrote to Melles too, for this issue?

Greetings

Fabian

Fabian,

No, I have not. My first thought is that it is easier for Accordance to make the adjustments so that it works like the SBL font. I imagine it is not feasible for Mellel to modify their program for every possible font, but again, I have no idea what is involved in making this work. If contacting Mellel turns out to be the best course, then I have no problem doing so.

A.D.

We have already contacted Mellel and are in discussion with them.

Fantastic. Thanks, Joel. Accordance + Mellel has been a knock-out combo for my studies.

A.D.

• 4 months later...

Mellel released a new version earlier this week, and today was the official announcement.

https://www.mellel.com/blog/let-there-be-four/

I wonder if there are any changes with how Mellel works with the Accordance font.

A.D.

Hi  A.D.,

I pasted Gen. 1:1-2 from Acc into Mellel 4.0, and changed the fonts for your perusal.

post-32543-0-98924700-1503713642_thumb.png

Regards,

Michel