expand range for word list in info pane

inghamqld

Forgive my ignorance, but currently it appears that the Info Pane "word list" allows only one verse at a time. I would like to highlight a passage (eg Matthew 13:1-52) to look at the concentration of certain words within a verse range. Am I overlooking something obvious or is this a potential future feature?

The Info Pane is indeed verse based. You can use the Range command or the Range pop-up menu with the various searches and Analytics to get all kinds of results.

I am trying to expand the verse range within the Info Pane to utilise the word list "concentration" feature. I still cannot seem to increase the verse range at the top of the Info Pane.

post-31905-0-10355400-1490940805_thumb.png

It is not possible. The Info Pane shows the information on a single verse only.

For what reason do you want to see Concentration for multiple verses at a time?

I am currently preaching through Matthew 13 - Parables of the Kingdom. One key word that weaves throughout the chapter is "understanding" ( συνίημι ) . It occurs 6 out of 26 times in the NT in this chapter. Discovering the concentration of words in a larger range is particularly useful for interpretation and application. Adding the define range feature to the Info Pane would save the painstaking work of having to manually identify these words.

Discovering the concentration of words in a larger range is particularly useful for interpretation and application.

Hi,

This is one of the reasons why the “Use” feature in BW, discussed at https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/21022-does-accordance-have-something-akin-to-bibleworks-use-tab/?do=findComment&comment=102240 , would be a most welcome addition in Acc.

Regarding συνίημι in Matt 13, it would look like this - with the whole book, or chapter as range:

post-32543-0-83579800-1491674889_thumb.png

post-32543-0-42369500-1491674910_thumb.png

Regards,

Michel

Thank you, Michel. This is close to what I am talking about. It appears that as you hover over words in the left column (in BW) that related words appear in the right column? If I'm understanding correctly, this would still require the user to manually hover over each word in the left column. I would like Accordance to expand the intuitive feature they already have ("concentration") in Word List so that no manually hovering / searching is necessary. As soon as the range is specified, then the "concentration" feature does it's magic. Consequently, nothing is overlooked or left to chance. It's amazing how many time we can look at a passage and still fail to see reoccurring words. Call it the curse of familiarity or a lack of observation--we sometimes miss what should be obvious!