Study Bible with Bible Atlas

Emanuel Cardona

I am curious to know if anyone is familiar with lets say a Bible that inlcudes contextual maps throughout its chapters rather than just at the introduction sections of the books. Something between an ESV study Bible and a full blown Bible Atlas. Like there are the Zondervan Bible Backgrounds volumes and recently published a study Bible with its contextual historical information included. In this case, I am looking more for atlas type of information throughout a study Bible. I could always look up a place name that appears while reading the Bible in a real Bible atlas and search around, but it would be nice to have the map nearby the place name appears in the Bible. I have one study Bible like that, but the maps are satellites images. If anyone is familiar with a Bible of this kind, please let me know. I hope that I was able to be understandable.

Hi

Happy christmass

Do you have the esv study bible?, they have some that are chapter specific, particularly in the gospels but in other places too (eg numbers and genesis).

I'm thinking you will probably need the carter bible atlas pub and run it in parallel though if the accordance interactive atlas doesnt meet your needs (i keep forgetting about it as i typically work on ios).

https://www.accordancebible.com/store/details/?pid=C-Bible+Atlas

Edited by ukfraser

Hi

Happy christmass

Do you have the esv study bible?, they have some that are chapter specific, particularly in the gospels but in other places too (eg numbers and genesis).

I'm thinking you will probably need the carter bible atlas pub and run it in parallel though if the accordance interactive atlas doesnt meet your needs (i keep forgetting about it as i typically work on ios). https://www.accordancebible.com/store/details/?pid=C-Bible+Atlas

Hi, Happy Christmas to you too, my friend. I do have the ESV study Bible and that Carta Bible Atlas in print, though. However, the Sacred Bridge I have in Accordance. Some time I will just have to start moving my print resources into Accordance. Thanks for the advice, my friend.

Can the name of places be changed to Spanish (for display use at a church) in the Accordance interactive atlas?

Here's another idea, too. For the longest time, I've been using the Accordance Bible Atlas to create my own maps that focus specifically on the geography at hand (as opposed to using a more generic pre-established map in another resource) when teaching or preaching on a passage. Obviously, that's not a new thing, but a few months back, the ability to add graphics to User Notes was introduced. Since that time, I've been adding my own maps into my notes. This has a few advantages: (1) I get in my own extra study of the passage and the geography in order to create the map. (2) The map is very specific for my presentation. (3) I have the map ready to go the next time I am studying or teaching on the passage. 

The maps don't take up a whole lot of space; but as I go, if my User Notes file starts to get too big, I've thought about creating a separate User Notes file just for custom maps. 

Here's a screenshot of what I've been doing. Note that the thumbnail is in my notes, and I have also opened it up in its own Zone. I can copy it or export it to use elsewhere. 

Screen Shot 2016-12-25 at 12.23.13 PM.png

• Like 2

Very interesting, Rick!

Another choice is the Reformation Study Bible latest edition.

• Like 1