Bug in NAB?

Wayne Brissette

I wasn't sure where to post this, so I'm posting it here. This morning while going through the daily readings, I was doing some comparisons on a passage and noticed that the scriptures weren't aligned number-wise. I put in the first passage of Psalms 21:1 in the search box, and here is what I have:

NIV: Psa. 21:1

Wayne:

The NAB just follows the Hebrew Bible (as do the JPS and CJB) in assigning verse numbers to the Psalm title. Sometimes there are two such verses, so the verses will appear to be off by two (see Psalms 51 and 54). Accordance properly accounts for all these discrepancies so the content lines up, whichever versions you are displaying. Note, though, that to see the first of the title verses, when there are two, your search text must be one of these versions.

Accordance properly accounts for all these discrepancies so the content lines up, whichever versions you are displaying. Note, though, that to see the first of the title verses, when there are two, your search text must be one of these versions.

Thanks for the explanation and tip. I figured it must have been something like that, but since I didn't have a hard copy of the NAB Holy Bible, I couldn't check myself.

Wayne

Archived