Question about Greek Syntax Search Results

pedcheung

Is there a reason why I don't get 1 Peter 3:9 in my search results?  See attached jpg.

Pedro

post-33835-0-76175700-1479751865_thumb.jpg

post-33835-0-35862000-1479751937_thumb.jpg

post-33835-0-54093900-1479751940_thumb.jpg

Haven't tested. Looks like they're tagged adj., while you search for nouns. If you use root instead of noun, it should catch that.

Hi Pedro,

Πέτρου α 3·9 μὴ ἀποδιδόντες κακὸν ἀντὶ κακοῦ ἢ λοιδορίαν ἀντὶ λοιδορίας, τοὐναντίον δὲ εὐλογοῦντες, ὅτι εἰς τοῦτο ἐκλήθητε, ἵνα εὐλογίαν κληρονομήσητε.

If you increase the search depth to 3 instead of 2 it will find this hit and the other two.

The reason is that there is an intervening compound complement in the syntax tree in 1 Pet 3:9

Thx

D

Actually, search for adjective would find it.

(There must be a bug, my LEX shows Hebrew instead of Greek. At first the pop-up windows for inputting lexical form was only Hebrew. Now it changed to Greek, but when after I hit Enter, it's still showing Hebrew.)

post-32138-0-37531000-1479781116_thumb.png

Put both Adjective and Noun you will find them all.

(Someone must be able to explain why my LEX shows in Hebrew while the Construct Search apparently linked to the Greek Text...

post-32138-0-15003700-1479781311_thumb.png

Hey Martin,

Your searches are not using the syntax module though. They are just using morphological tagging.

And yes that looks a bit like a bug. I can't repro. it. How did you do it ?

Thx

D

I see.

He was looking for "λοιδορίαν ἀντὶ λοιδορίας"

But I was looking at "κακὸν ἀντὶ κακοῦ:rolleyes:

I had no idea how it happened.

I opened the Greek text, then the parallel syntax, then CMD+2 to bring up the construct search. That was it...

Still using the same window, but added the syntax search. It came back to Greek. And I don't know when it happened... :blink:

post-32138-0-76552400-1479783818_thumb.png

Any chance you had something in your cut and paste buffer ? I just managed to paste in "אנתִ" and then running the search got the same hits - wild !

Mind you I did not have it right justified like you did.

Thx

D

I don't think it was the clipboard issue. I did not paste. I was typing.

The pop-up window for typing Greek was only Hebrew...as if I was in Hebrew Construct Search (as shown below. But I could not reproduce it anymore. below was from the Hebrew Construct Search. But this was exactly what I saw in my Greek Construct Search...)

post-32138-0-20946500-1479785310_thumb.png